The Diary of a Witch (Part 3)

Dear Diary,

In my fifth life, I was born to a witch mother in New Orleans, but I could not control my powers and ended up cursing my parents to death. After that horrible act I became distant with my fellow witches, for they only saw me as a pale demon with hazel eyes that shone a tint of red, and instead grew quite close to a slave boy living under the governor, who turned out to be the governor's bastard son. My name in that life was Lucille Casterwill and my best friend, whom was later named by Niklaus Mikaelson, was Marcellus Gerard. 

The day we met Klaus, Marcel was being beaten and whipped for stealing an apple. In order to save him I used my magic to push the man off of his horse, but then he turned his sights to me and began to beat me. Marcel came to my rescue first before Klaus saved us both and took us both under his wing, promising to raise and protect us as his wards. We were taught to read, sing, dance, and play various instruments.

However, only a year later Klaus became jealous that Marcel and I were spending so much time with Elijah instead of him, so he undaggered his brother Kol. Kol, in order to seek a little revenge, killed several people, in a live action Shakespeare play, in front of Marcel and I after force-feeding both of us his blood. But before Klaus and Elijah could re-dagger him, Kol snapped my neck and I woke up in transition at daybreak the next day. Klaus and Elijah refused to allow Marcellus to see me until I had either completed my transformation or died, but they were going to allow me to choose what I wanted. I did not want to become a vampire, so Elijah and Klaus kept me locked in one of the upstairs bedrooms and I died listening to Klaus telling me a story of a cursed, young princess locked in a tower.

"Once upon a time, there was a young princess, who had been blessed with a gift to bring happiness to those around her, including her father, the king; her Uncle, the noble knight; and her elder brother, the warrior prince. The kingdom was brighter with the light the princess brought, however, one day the king became jealous that the joyful princess enjoyed spending more time with her warrior brother and the noble knight and decided to uncage a beast to stir up trouble for the noble knight, so that the king could spend more time with his children. Unfortunately, the beast turned on him and attempted to kill the prince and princess. The king had to work together with the noble knight to once again chain up the beast, but not before the beast placed a curse upon the princess. Now, dear one, the princess was left with a choice; she could live on as a half-beast causing pain and misery to those who resided in the once bright kingdom or be kept in a tower, isolated from the world just outside her window and eventually fall into an eternal sleep in which she remained her whole and pure self. The princess did not want pain and suffering to come to those around her so she chose the latter option, to remain pure in her final days and the king only hoped that his daughter could find peace and happiness even from the isolation of the tower. His final act as his daughter died was to bury her where the sun's light would always reach her." Klaus paused, with tears in his eyes, knowing that Elijah was right outside the door, listening to the story. He asked me, as I took my final breaths, "Do you think the princess was happy in the end?"

I grabbed ahold of his hand, smiling, figuring out halfway through that the story was about me and answered, "Yes, she was happy, I know it."

I closed my eyes, feeling Klaus kiss my forehead and whispering, "Then goodnight, my dear princess and rest."

Thus Ended My Fifth Life.

In my sixth life I took the form of a human named Lovelia Fell, younger sister to Honoria Fell. I was a simple girl and didn't require much, just the friendship and happiness of those living in Mystic Falls. I also grew very close to my childhood friends, the Salvatore brothers and eventually fell in love with the eldest brother, who was closer to me in age anyway, Damon Salvatore. My joy only grew when Katerina arrived in Mystic Falls under her new name, Katherine Pierce. I decided not to reveal to her that I remembered her as I was content in just watching her seek happiness for herself, even as a vampire. She treasured me as a friend and even told me that we could become sisters if each of us married a Salvatore. I believed her promise to be true, but what I did not know that her vampiric nature made her selfish. She seduced both the Salvatore males right under my nose and was even compelling all three of us to drink her blood for months.