The Founder's Ball

(Alisha POV)

I hadn't seen Damon around for days and I honestly hoped that he was gone, but my prayers weren't answered as I turned on the TV to see that Damon had drawn out a mountain lion out of the woods in order to cover up his tracks.

But my more pressing problem was finding a date to the Founder's Party tomorrow. Eleanor had actually worked up the courage to ask Jeremy and he said yes! I was so happy for her and I hoped she could work up a little bit more to confess her feelings.

I was hanging out at the clubhouse with the girls after school, trying on the dresses the Eleanor and I found on clearance; buy two get one free, so we gave the third one to Marylin. After changing into the gold dress I walked out of my room and so did the other two and said, "I know that this is technically only a social event, but I can't help feeling worried about the party tomorrow."

"Why do you say that?" Eleanor asked, in her black and silver dress

I shrugged, "I don't know, maybe because I have something hidden there that Damon will need if he wants to break out Katherine and I can't let him get it."

"Does he know that it's there?" Mary asked, "Because I wasn't invited and Eleanor should stay with her date to protect him."

"He tried to get into my head last week in order to find out where I, as Lovelia, put it. He knows that it's in the Lockwood Mansion, but he doesn't know its exact location. I need to get it before him." I suddenly came up with a brilliant idea, "Marylin Matthews? How would you like to be my date to the Founder's party?"

A smirk grew on her face and she curtsied in her new fuchsia dress, "It would be my pleasure, Alisha Bennet."

I smiled, "Perfect! Mary and I will get Emily Bennet's crystal and Eleanor will enjoy her perfect night with Jeremy Gilbert. I expect to hear good news about you finally confessing to him."

Eleanor blushed and retreated back to her room, calling back, "I don't think that's going to happen!"

To which Marylin replied before her door slammed shut, "Chicken!"

I chuckled, holding out my arm to Mary, who gave me a strange look, "I know you haven't eaten in a couple of days, Mary, and I need you at your full strength tomorrow."

She nodded drinking a substantial amount before releasing my arm and biting her own wrist for me, "And we don't want you showing any scars."

I chuckled drinking a bit of her blood to heal before retreating back to my room and laying back down to sleep the night away. However before I could drift off into the darkness my phone rang. I groaned and answered, "Hello?"

"Is this Alisha Bennet?"

"Um, yeah, who is this?"

"Oh, sorry, it's Zack Salvatore."

I sat up in bed, "Mr. Salvatore, what can I do for you?"

"Stefan and I are planning on putting Damon down with vervain, but we're having a bit of trouble. I was wondering if you could meet up with Stefan at the Founder's Party tomorrow to help him put Damon down."

I smiled, raising my voice so that the other two could hear me, but not too loud to seem suspicious, "Well, it's your lucky day, Zack. As it so happens, I have some magical business at the party tomorrow and I would be honored to help Stefan put down Damon." I noticed my two girls, now in street clothes materialize in my doorway, mimicking the evil smirk on my face, "You can tell Stefan that he's got back-up."

"May I ask what your magical business entails?"

"Unfortunately not since it involves something that Damon wants which I won't let him have, but if we are able to sedate Damon then he won't ever be able to get it. Goodbye Zack, have a good day."