The Aftermath

(Alisha POV)

Once Hannah and Mary dropped me off at my house I went upstairs to my room and I immediately started pacing, thinking of some way to stop Damon. I figured that he would attack tonight to try and find me because I took his daylight ring. He must not remember what I look like if he attacked Vicki.

I took a deep breath and took out Damon's daylight ring and held it up to the light. It truly was the flawless work of Emily Bennet, of course I would expect nothing less from Qetsiyah's descendants, my so called loving sister who allowed that manipulative son of a bitch, Silas, trick her and use her. That's when it hit me, the three main supernatural species. If I was able to merge the power of each then the three would be able to draw on the powers of the other two, yet each individual has its own strengths and weaknesses. Witch; Servant of nature that can bend reality as long as simple rules are followed, but is mortal. Werewolf; Strong and fast warriors, but slaves to the moon. Vampire; Immortal monsters with unimaginable power that only grows with time, slaves to the sun.

I smiled to myself, I would be the witch and now all I needed was a werewolf and a vampire that I could trust and who would be close enough to me to be willing to trust me as well. George Lockwood was a werewolf and the werewolf gene runs through his bloodline, which meant that I needed Eleanor, but I needed her gene to be activated in order for the spell to work. Then there's the problem with the vampire. Despite that I know Stefan isn't Silas, I don't necessarily trust him and he wouldn't trust me, but I could ask him for two or three vials of his blood in exchange for Damon's daylight ring.

Once I had Stefan's blood, one vial would be used to begin the change into a vampire and the other two would be used in case of a serious medical emergency, but who would I trust to turn into an immortal feeding machine? Marylin, she would jump at any chance to be stronger and feel more powerful to take control of her horrible abandoned life. She would be linked to Ellie and I and we would become her family and fill the void in her heart. But in order to do the spell I needed something to draw on. The Comet! It was two days from now!

I got so excited that I began working on Marylin's eventual daylight ring and Eleanor's moonlight ring. However, working all night would prove horrible for the next day and fighting to stay awake during school.

Eleanor's Moonlight ring:

Marylin's Daylight ring:

(Stefan POV)

Someone was killing people and it wasn't me, but who could it be? Suddenly a crow flew into the room and I turned toward the balcony and all of my questions were answered as I acknowledged the person now standing there, "Damon."

"Hello, brother."

"Crow's a bit much, don't you think?"

"Wait till you see what I can do with the fog," my elder brother answered back.

"When did you get here?"

"Well, I couldn't miss your first day of school," Which meant he had been here, at least, for two days. "Your hair's different, I like it," he continued.

"It's been fifteen years, Damon."

"Thank god! I couldn't take another day of the 90s. That horrible grunge look," he scoffed, "did not suit you. Remember Stefan, it's important to stay away from fads."

I got angry and yelled, "Why are you here?"

"I missed my little brother."

"You hate small towns," I pointed out, "It's boring, there's nothing here for you to do."

"I've managed to keep myself busy," he answered back, smirking all the while.

"You know you left that girl alive tonight, very clumsy of you."

He turned to me, "Yeah, that could be a problem, for you. You see my first night here I attacked a girl who was walking home alone. It turns out she was a witch with vervain in her system. She snapped my neck and when I woke up my daylight ring was missing. Now since I was hoping for a quick kill, I didn't get a good look at her face, but I knew she was young and I thought that girl I attacked tonight was her, but apparently not because I could compel her."

He sat down before continuing, "Now I know that you are going to school and there is a high probability that so is this witch, so Stefan, unless you want more girls dying each night, find my ring, or I'll go for Elena next." I looked at him in anger, but even I had to wonder who this mystery witch was, considering she was able to take down a vampire and steal his daylight ring. "Have any idea who this witch is, Stefan?" He started riling me up about feeding off of Elena, but eventually let me off and practically commanded me to find and return his ring to him for him.

I woke up the next morning and made my way to school and heard the labored breaths of someone. I rounded the corner to see Alisha Bennet fall and thankfully be caught by her two friends, Eleanor and Marylin. I walked up and asked, "Hey, is she ok?"

Eleanor answered, "I don't know, what happened last night to Vicki must have really freaked her out because she said she didn't get a wink last night."

Suddenly the girl in question mumbled, "Don't worry I'm fine."

Eleanor snapped at her, "Yeah and I don't have a hangover, you are going to the nurse's office now, young lady. Marylin, help me with her."

"I can take her if you guys want?" I asked

Marylin answered me this time, "No thanks, Stefan, she's our responsibility, but thanks for the offer."

As I watched them struggle down the hallway, I couldn't help but think about how Alisha looks so much like Lovelia Fell. In fact, I was thinking that maybe she was like Elena when it came to Katherine, could it be possible she was the one who Damon attacked? No, it couldn't be, Lovelia was a human turned vampire and I held her dead body back in Chicago. Shrugging past thoughts out of my head I walked to class and sat down in my seat next to Elena.