Lovely to meet you finally

*Emily's POV* 

It was Thursday. I woke up in my bed. I don't know how I got here. Dylan wasn't in bed. I could smell his cologne on sheets. I got up and showered, my back ached but I had finished my period. Thank god. I wrapped myself in a towel and shuffled into the kitchen. Dylan was up and dressed in his favourite flannel. He had tidied up and was making breakfast. How lucky was I? He was going to be a great husband one day. "Morning princess, how did you sleep?" He was so awake. He was never a morning person.

"What's all this for?"

"nothing"

"nothing? Come on Dylan I may be your girlfriend but I'm not an idiot"

"Ok ok, Wait...HEY!" he ran over and squeezed me. I turned on the barstool and kissed him. "seriously, what IS all of this for"

"My parents are in town"

"Really? Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"it was short notice. They want to meet you"

"Meet me? When? I need time to get ready" He grabbed me and kissed my forehead. I love it when he does that. "Don't worry they'll love you as much as I do"

"And how much is that Mr O'Brien?" He smirked at me, I smirked back. "I could show you tonight...fuck I can't"

 He groaned. "Well, actually Mr O'Brien since you've been such a good boy tonight I'm all yours" He bit his lip and kissed me. His soft lips pressing against mine. He started to unwrap my towel. He gripped my side as I ran my hands through his hair. His weak spot. He let out a groan. I held his hair as he started to kiss my neck. I felt my body start to melt into his. I gasped.There was a knock at the door. Dylan groaned as I put my hands on his chest and eased him off me. I wrapped up my towel and went to the door. "Don't go to the door, you're naked!" he said. I loved when he was protective. I kissed his cheek. "I'm wearing a towel so technically not naked"

"Unfortunately" I wanted him right then and there but there was another knock at the door. Emily went and opened it. I came to the hallway, my parents were here. It should be Emily who was nervous but my dad's opinion is important to me. "Hi dear, you must be Emily. It's so lovely to finally meet you." My mum hugged her. "Sucha pretty young lady, Dylan you didn't tell us how beautiful she is" I rolled my eyes, my dad was hugging her. 

He walked over to me, "How's it going, Dylan?" What was I supposed to say? My best friend's girlfriend is now my girlfriend. I don't want him judging Emily. I took too long to reply so just smiled and nodded. I know my mom will love her, dad will too it's just whether or not he thinks I deserve her. My dad always wanted me to be a huge sports fan, he never really liked my whole acting thing. We still have the Mets in common and he says he doesn't care but sometimes I can tell he doesn't approve. We started preparing lunch. Emily and I thought a cookout would be appropriate. 

Emily, along with my mom, were preparing a salad whilst dad and I got started with the grill. Emily came over and talked to dad," Mrs O wanted to know if you wanted tomatoes in the salad"

"Emily please, you're practically part of the family...Lisa and Patrick are fine." She went back inside "So how did you meet such a lovely girl?" I looked up from the grill at my dad. "We were friends first, it kinda just happened"

"How are you treating her?" 

"I would say like a gentleman"

"Good. How's the downtime?"

"Huh?"

"The downtime? God, sometimes your head is in the clouds" I suddenly got what he meant.

"Dad! As much as I love this father-son bonding time I'd rather not talk about my sex life"

"Fine, fine. Watch the steaks! Don't let them burn." He hit the back of my head, I saw Molly laugh watching from the window. I stuck my tongue out at her, she was so cute. I looked back at my dad who was watching me watch Emily. "So do you love her?" What kind of question is that? 

"Of course I do"

"No, I mean do you LOVE her? Like really do, not just that phoney-baloney Teen Wolf shit on tv" I rolled my eyes but the more I thought about it, the more I realised my answer. I looked at her, she was helping mom set the table. "Yeah, I really do"