I promise...

*Still Emily's POV*

I opened my eyes to see I was still in the bath, the bubbles were gone and I could see all the scratches on my legs and arms in the water. My fingers were shrivelled like prunes but hey, at least they're better unfrozen. I stepped out the bath and looked around for a towel to find there were none, I'll put it on the list of things we need to buy for our house. It felt good saying that. Our house. It made me think of Dylan. Where was he?

The shower was still on, I wondered if Dylan was in there? I walked around the marble divider to see he was in a stance. His toned arm pressed against the wall. His legs were long and muscular, I noticed a bite mark on his right calf. What happened? Did the coyotes get him? He was so focused, deep in thought. The water from the shower head trickled down his body as I watched it weave its way down his back to his cute little ass down to his feet. His hair was soaked and flowing down, it looked nice like that. Scruffy but nice.

It was the first time I had seen him undressed. Fully that is. Not including the aeroplane incident. I smiled at the thought of it. I walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder making him jump a little, his body was somewhat tense. He looked at me, I looked into the chocolate eyes that I missed so dearly. Before he could say anything I smashed my lips into his, he kissed me back. He was aggressive in the kiss but I didn't mind it. It was a different side to him; a more dominant side. I liked it. Hit bit my lip, asking for entrance which I gladly abide. I stroked his back I felt his body pressed against me. I pulled away before things got too heated.

He grinned as he leant in for another kiss. This time his hands roamed over my body. He started to get uh...a little excited when I realised there were tears running down his face along with the shower. Dylan pulled away and nestled his head into the crook of my shoulder. "Why did you leave?" it was muffled by the sobbing in his voice but I could hear the hurt in it. I wanted to explain, but my reason was so stupid. I had never shared it with anyone before but I couldn't bear to see Dylan like this.

"My dad left when I was young, left us on Christmas Eve. He packed up all his stuff and walked out. My mom and sister was so upset. I tried to be strong for them all these years but the ring reminded me of my dad. That's all he left me" 

It felt good sharing it. Maybe Dylan would understand, maybe he wouldn't. 

He looked up at me. "I'm sorry I didn't know"

"No one does, my mother told me from a young age that men are stupid. They're liars and they hurt you my dad was no exception. I never really trusted anyone after that, I figured every guy was like that. Luke proved it even more. After my dad left, my mom became good friends with Vodka and wouldn't come home most nights. She's better now but Christmas washes all those feelings back up again." 

With every word, I felt my walls slowly crumble and break down. I thought Dylan would be overwhelmed, leave me like the emotional wreck that I am; instead, he just stood there. Listening. I was the one sobbing now with Dylan's arms wrapped around me.

*Dylan's POV*

It all made sense now. She thought I was like the rest of them like her dad, like Luke. Maybe that's why she got so upset with the Thomas thing. She was so wrong, I can't imagine what it must be like. Not having a dad in your life. I loved my dad, strong opinions and all. I had seen the real Emily. She held onto me as if I might fly away. Maybe she thought I would, that's why she never told anyone. She thought they would feel overwhelmed and leave her. I'm not like her dad or Luke. I'm never going to leave her, there are still some good guys in this world and for Emily's sake I am sure as hell going to show I'm one of them. 

I want to make her smile for the rest of her life. I want to wake up to her beautiful face every morning. I want for her to come home and see me and forget all her stress and worries. I want to give her the family life she missed out on. I have never felt this way with anyone before. Shit, I think she's the one.

I looked down,  her sobs had stopped. I kissed the top of her head before turning the shower off and getting some towels. Shit. No towels. I opened the door. The house was silent because everyone had decided to go to bed. We were still naked bear in mind but under the soft fur blankets in front of the fire, we were just fine. 

I looked over at Emily who was looking right back at me to my surprise. I leant in and kissed her and maybe it was because of the high run of emotions tonight but she kissed me and kissed me and kissed me. I pulled away for breath, she was straddling my lap as I held her petite body. "My little Emily", I breathed as our lips locked and our tongues danced inside our mouths. She smiled through the kiss and whispered in my ear, "and my little Dylan with a not so little friend" I almost laughed at this dirty joke from her when a few hours ago she was almost dead but that would ruin the moment.

I shifted some of the pillows away to lay her down. I rocked up against her until my not so little friend was more awake. I kissed her neck and sucked onto the skin of her collarbone leaving a love bite. She moaned at this and quickly returned the favour on my neck. To say I wanted to do this would be an understatement. 

"Dylan?"

"yeah?"

"get the condom"