No better than him

*Thomas' POV*

As much as it pained me, I nodded. Dylan slowly backed away and ran. The Coyotes followed him. I picked Emily up and walked up onto the porch. Kaya opened the door with Peter on her hip. She stepped aside as I laid Emily down on the rug next to the fire she needed to keep warm. I ran into the kitchen and got a rag. I pressed on Emily's leg, she screamed out in pain causing Peter to cry. Kaya shushed him and went to the bathroom to try and find bandages. I hated seeing Emily in so much pain. Her eyes were wincing at the wound. I tried to stop the bleeding. 

Kaya brought back bandages, a needle, thread and a hell of a lot of Advil. She weakly smiled at me, I knew she hated the sight of blood. I did too but I had to push through it to help Emily. I gave her some Advil to ease the pain. Where were the others? I ran and got a towel and soaked it with warm water. I gave it to Will, who was now trying to help whilst Kaya put Peter to sleep because Molly needed her wound cleaned and sewn up. He suggested a bath would be best. I nodded and lifted Molly up to the bath Kaya had now run. I left Kaya to undress her since it wouldn't be appropriate. I heard screams whilst Will sewed up her gash. 

I headed downstairs and sat leaning against the bannister. Will came and sat down next to me. He was covered in water. Emily must have soaked him. I was glad to see Emma and Dylan walking in. Well in Dylan's case, limping. He dragged his foot across the floor as he walked into the lounge. His clothes were stained with Emily's blood and some of his own. He came back into the hall and looked at me with tears running down his face, I knew he wanted to see her.

"She' s in the bath with Kaya...I mean Emily's in the bath, Kaya helping...not as in they're in the bath together"I shifted to the side as Dylan limped upstairs. 

*Dylan's POV*

My leg was sore as I reached the bathroom. I knocked lightly. Kaya opened it ajar and let me in. Emily was in the master bath. She looked better, her skin had colour and her hair was wet and filled with bubbles. She looks calm submerged in the bubbles. I had a flashback to her clinging to life in the tree. I looked back at her. I didn't want to disturb her so I went to the walk-in shower. I stripped off my clothes leaving them to soak in the sinks.

*Emily's POV*

I sunk deeper into the warmth's embrace. Kaya had gone to check on Peter after all my screaming. It was painful and I couldn't help myself. The gash was clean and now sewn up much to my discomfort. The bubbles glistened in the evening sunlight which was pouring through the window. My hands had stopped shaking and I could feel my toes again. I sunk further into the water.

A few minutes later I heard the door open. My eyes were closed and I cared not who had come in. It was most probably Kaya retrieving my bloody clothes. I continued to soak in the bath. The shower turned on but I focused on washing away my sadness. I don't remember much that happened, it all went by so fast. Someone saved me and now I'm here. I let a tear crawl down my cheek. I had left my best friends and Dylan. I had left the people who meant the most to me. I was no better than my dad. I cried into the water.