The fight

We headed back to the bikes when I realised I left my purse on the cotton candy stand. I ran back to get it when I bumped into someone. It wasn't just any someone. It was Luke. My ex. "Well if I'll be damned, it's bloody Emily Montgomery". He was drunk, I could smell the stench of whisky on his breath. "Robin broke up with me because I still love you," he said. His words were slurred. I knew he had a bad temper when he was drunk so I went past him and tried to walk away. He grabbed my wrist with force, his nails digging into my skin. I screamed, "get off me, you jerk" and tried to release my wrist from his grip. "Don't go bitch, I still love you... don't leave me again" at this point a few people were staring. I screamed again, this time Thomas ( who had walked back to find me) saw what was going on and ran to help.

"get off her you dickhead!" he said as he grabbed Luke's wrist and twisted it so he loosened his grip. I retracted my arm, it was bleeding where his nails were. Luke grabbed my arm and tried to kiss me. Thomas shouted "let go of my girlfriend" and punched him in the face. He staggered back and tried to swing at Thomas but instead hit me. I fell back onto the floor and hit my head. Kaya and Will had run to help. Kaya cradled me close. Thomas punched Luke again, this time causing his nose to bleed. Will held Thomas back. "don't you bloody touch her again, I swear or I'll kill you" Thomas threatened. Luke slapped Thomas leaving his lip bleeding. Will punched and pinned Luke to the floor. "Go home before we call the police asshole".

Luke ran off and left. Thomas ran to me and hugged me. I was in shock, I was having a panic attack. Thomas saw this and shouted "someone call an ambulance please" he was crying. "you're going to be ok Emily I promise" he kissed my forehead. I was shaking and looked into his eyes they were full of fear. Everything went black.

Thomas crying, tears streamed down his face as he watched me lying there in a hospital bed. "this is all my fault" he whispered. Will and Kaya hugged him. "it's not your fault, she's going to be ok. It was only a minor concussion" Kaya said softly. "I should have protected her, I should have tried harder". "You did your best. Besides that asshole is going to need some stitches after tonight". Will patted him on the back.

40 minutes later, I blinked and opened my eyes. Thomas was crying beside me, head down on the bed sobbing into the sheets. I turned my head and ran my fingers through his caramel hair. He looked up at me. His eyes were puffy from crying. "Hey baby, I'm here. I'm right here." He kissed my hand. He smiled weakly. I saw his lip was still bleeding. "you're bleeding", I said. I wiped the blood from his face. He was smiling through his tears. "I'm fine I promise, you got hurt... and it was my fault" I looked him in the eyes and held his face with my hands, I kissed his forehead. He closed his eyes.

A few minutes later, Ki Hong and Dylan ran in. "what happened? Emily omg are you ok?" Dylan said. Thomas explained what happened and went to check with the nurse if I was ok. The nurse checked me up and said, "this one's a fighter, most people don't wake up this soon after a head injury as bad as hers". "She's strong, I always knew it," Thomas said gazing over at me. I had to stay overnight due to the concussion. Everyone was asleep in the hospital room. Snoring softly.

I sat myself up and looked over at Thomas. He slept with a stern look on his face. I could tell he was exhausted. I sat there for a few minutes thinking how Thomas fought Luke. That bastard, I thought. I knew that Thomas would have done anything to stop Luke. I loved him for that. I loved him for loving me. In the morning, we all left the hospital and left for the hotel. The group had one important panel in 3 hours time that they all had to get ready for.