BBC Radio 1 Breakfast Show With Nick Grimshaw

Virginie's Point of View

January 12th

I wake up to the sound of my alarm after my four hours lumber. It's now 1:50 AM and I turn on the lights. I reach for my laptop out of bed and sit comfortably against my big brown teddy bear to listen to Harry on Grimmy's radio show. I set it up on their website to stream it live and decide to go for a wee before it starts. I come back with a glass of water and take H's Rolling Stone Tour America shirt I stole from him two years ago. I wore it yesterday after I opened up the box to take his clothes out, planning to wear them.

I look for my earplugs and I find them next to my phone, where I left them last night after chatting with H again. He is surprisingly very good at the long distance thing, but being good at it doesn't make it easy...

I wear my headphones just in time for the show to begin.

"One. BBC Radio One Breakfast show with Nick Grimshaw."

"Hello everybody. Welcome along and here we go. Here with us today, we have a special guest. Every now and then, we have a celebrity guest who sits and talks about himself and all that is new in his life, so that's what we are going to do today. Here's a man who needs no more introduction, Mr. Harry Styles. Hello 'Arry!" Nick greets him and it just brings a huge smile to my lips.

How I wish I could have been there!

"Hello! Thanks for having me." Harry politely responds very slowly.

"Always so polite, are ya?" Grimmy teases him with the same remark I had in mind.

"Always so cheeky?" Harry strikes back and surprises me. I love when he is cheeky.

"Must be.  Hey hey!  Harry Styles is here! It's going to be a great show today so stay tuned.  We are gonna talk all about his new single Stars Don't Shine Without You and more when we come back, but, first, here it is, his new single playing on the BBC Radio One Breakfast show with Grimmy and Harry."

It feels so surreal to hear Harry sing the song we wrote together. It sounds different than when he performed it at the Jingle Ball, but it adds so much depth. He really brings the emotions. The melody is so simple, but I think that's what is so wonderful about it. It's soft, tender, easy and Harry's voice brings all the passion. It mirrors perfectly who we are and the relationship we share.

"And here were the news for today.  It is now 8:13 and we are back with Nick Grimshaw."

"Thanks Tina.  And we are back with more Harry.  How are you mate?"

"I am great, thank you.  How are you?"

"Good.  So now let's talk about this brand new song that literally came out of nowhere on New Year's.  What was that about?"

"This song means a lot to me and I wanted to share it with everyone."

"The world seemed to have liked it a lot to make it number one in 84 countries.  Since its release it has been number one here at Radio 1, congratulations."

"Thank you."

"This song is so much different than your last single.  The styles are not at all alike."

"They have both been written in different context."

"Well, you'll excuse me Harry, but your elaborations are very disappointing.  Come on, we are friends."