The Morning in Thebes

The sun began to reveal the lovely halls of the immeasurable and glorious palace in Thebes. Each hieroglyph, drawing, stone and sheet, slowly unleashed centimetre by centimetre. The most wonderful beauty in the entire kingdom was waking up. By all means, that meant that the servants had awakened, rushing through the hallways; some making royal breakfast, some making sure the bath has prepared well, sheets, dust – everything had to be completed at the early hour. But one servant was waking up somewhere she wasn't supposed to.

Ra's light was sort of scrolling over her face, making her body mechanically wince and hiss at the sudden red-ish and warm feeling. "I am late - " she thought to herself before beginning to stand up. But before she could place her feet on the ground she felt a pair of two strong arms pulling her back in the bed and getting wrapped around the frame. "Nobody will know." The owner of the arms said in a bit husky morning voice, pulling the girl's body even closer.

So the last night really did happen. I thought it was one of those hopeless dreams I would always have about the Pharaoh. But, this one actually came true... If I recall correctly, this has lasted up until late last night, Khonsu was shining more than ever, and his moon was so full and gorgeous. Since it ended so late, no wonder I don't have the proper strength to get up on my feet, although, I do prefer not to do that now. I mean who would miss on an opportunity to cuddle with this tremendous man.

This feeling was interrupted by a loud thug sound coming from the big wooden door at the edge of the spacious room. The pharaoh covered your body. Not that he was afraid of people finding him with company in his bed, he just didn't knew how would people react to seeing a servant there, a servant that is usually in the charge of cooking. It was Khumnrah, bursting into his brother's chambers and yelling out. "You better start getting ready because the breakfast will be served soon. It will be a bit late this morning because there is a servant missing, tss typical." He said before pointing at the sundial on the window. "Don't allow it to reach its fourth period before coming out. It would be an even bigger disgrace of having you as a brother."

Khamunrah yelled before exiting the chambers. They've noticed my absence, great. You've thought to yourself in a sarcastic manner before peeking though the sheets. Even though you two were really young, just eighteen summers in this world existing, you two knew what love was, and you knew it was there.- I difference from your cooking this morning .

He moved his hand gently to touch and cup your evidently blushed cheek, giving it a little caress. "Have I ever told you that your beauty matched those that Hathor describes?" You blushed even more, if possible. Slowly extending your arms up to lace them around your lover's neck.

"You keep pampering me with your kind world my pharaoh... I will never be quite sure have I managed to express my gratitude to the fullest." He couldn't help but let out a little soft chuckle to your kind and modest words. Those are the things he adored about you. He also loved your patience, adorners, and willingness to explore, adapt and serve without expecting anything in return. He loved you.

But of course, it eventually the time for you to get ready and join the other servants in the preparation. After all, you cannot afford to be punished by someone that is tiny bit higher than you in the hierarchy. You slowly stood up and began gathering your clothing and getting dressed, not even giving a damn anymore that he was standing there behind you, watching your every more. Because he didn't wanted to miss any chance to admire your frame.

With a soft peck on his nose you said your goodbyes and left the chambers. Making your way towards the food preparation rooms. Because after you, you didn't wanted your future husband to have a bad meal in his life.

Author: malek-rami