Pregnant

You stared at those two little lines in disbelief. You had no idea that it was even possible. Pregnancy tests can be wrong, though, right? The moment the day turned to evening, you headed straight for the Museum of Natural History.

You walked into the museum, waving a greeting to Larry, and headed straight to Ahkmenrah's tomb. As soon as the sun set, the Egyptian prince woke from his sleep and rose from his casket. He looked to you and smiled. "Good evening, Y/N."

"Hey, I need to ask you about something," you said, seeming nervous.

Ahkmenrah's smile turned into a concerned expression as he climbed out of the metal box his casket was placed inside. "Of course, what is it?" he asked.

There was a pause as you gathered the words. "Remember last week?" you asked. "When we made love?"

"Yes?" Ahkmenrah replied.

"At night, just how... alive are you? Like, are you completely indistinguishable from someone who doesn't need a tablet to be alive?" you asked.

"You've felt my heartbeat. My blood works just as any others'. I would believe so, yes."

"It seems like your sperm works just fine as well," you stated. "Because if everything goes well, you're going to be a dad."

Emotions cycled on Ahkmenrah's face. First confusion, then surprise, then joy. "You're going to have a little prince or princess of Egypt!" he stated, lifting you up and spinning you around out of excitement.

You giggled as he set you back down. "This is uncharted territory, you know," you pointed out. "A human and a mummy. I wonder how we'll be able to have them visit their dad without insisting to the other kids on the playground that their dad is an Egyptian prince."

"Well, there are pictures of what historians thought I looked like. Maybe our kid thought the pictures looked a lot like me and got confused," Ahkmenrah suggested.

"We'll figure it out," you stated, before leaning in to kiss the prince.

Author: marvellousimagines