Connection

You filled her cup with wine, then kneeled down next to her throne. Shepseheret thanked you and proceeded to watch the act in front of her. You looked at the beautiful girls, belly dancing in front of you, shiny decorations attached to their skirts. Shepseheret and Merenkahre were watching the girls, but as you glanced at Ahkmenrah, he was lazily looking around the place, probably bored. You were surprised he didn't look at the girls, as they were very pretty.

"You can stop now." Shepseheret commanded and the girls stopped dancing. She whispered something to the guards, pointing to one of the dancers.
"You, in the middle. Step forward." The girl hesitantly stepped forward. She glanced towards Ahk, who avoided eye contact and smirked. She probably thought she would be chosen to be Ahk's lover, but she was all wrong.
"You weren't good enough, cut off her head." Shepseheret said casually. The girls eyes widened before looking back at the rest. Two guards approached her and grabbed her harshly by her arms. She begged for forgiveness while she was carried away.
You could hear her screams coming from the other room, before everything was quiet again.
You swallowed, knowing your faith if you didn't please Shepseheret well enough.

"Y/n, could you please make me a bath?" You bowed down in front of her.
"Shall I put some scented oils in the bath?" She smiled at you and nodded.
"That would be lovely, thank you." You smiled and bowed down once more. You had a good relationship with Shepseheret. You were the only one who wasn't executed within 2 years. You walked towards the bathroom, filling the large bath with warm water, and adding some oil. You lit some candles and made sure there were clean towels.
"Y/n, how nice of you!" Shepseheret complimented you as she walked into the bathroom, looking at all the candles. She walked up to you and kissed your cheek, making you blush.
You helped her undress, and she laid down in the bath. You grabbed some water with your hands and started washing Shepseheret's beautiful long hair, giving her a head massage.
"May I just say, you have the most beautiful hair." She smiled and closed her eyes, enjoying your fingertips in her hair.
"Thank you, Y/n." You kept quiet for a few minutes, letting Shepseheret relax in silence for a moment.
"Y/n, my love, you're my best servant so far and I really feel a connection between us." You smiled and thanked her, agreeing with her statement.
"I have seen the way you look at my son." She opened her eyes, looking up, so she could see your face upside down. You blushed and apologized to her.
"I'm so sorry, your Majesty. I will pay the consequences if needed." She chuckled and turned to you. Her skin looked beautiful in the moonlight and she really was the most beautiful woman of whole Egypt.
"Y/n, I do not mind your eye for Ahkmenrah. I think you're nice and you got my permission to love him." You smiled brightly at her.
"Thank you so much, but I doubt that will be happening anytime soon." She cupped your cheek in her hand. You looked up at her and she smiled at you, you returning the gesture.
"You need your rest, Y/n. Tomorrow is a big day. Go to bed, I'll take care of myself." You looked her in the eyes.
"Are you sure, your Majesty?' She nodded and shooed you off. You walked out of the bathroom, quickly glancing at the towels to make sure they were really clean. You walked into your room and undressed, putting on your night gown. You laid down in bed, and smiled at the thought of Shepseheret blessing your love for Ahkmenrah. You dozed off and soon was sound asleep.

You were dressed in one of your formal clothes. You helped Shepseheret with her make-up, creating a sharp black line above her eyes, adding a little blue on top of it. You used smashed berries to create all the colors, and you used ink for eyeliner. You braided her hair, and added some last accessories.
"Oh my, Y/n. I look beautiful!" She exclaimed while looking in the mirror, twirling around making you chuckle. She embraced you and whispered in your ear.
"But not nearly as beautiful as you." You blushed, and she pulled back, winking at you.
"Now, we shall join the others for dinner." You nodded and followed her towards the dining hall. You walked in and saw Merenkahre already sitting at the end of the large table, Kahmunrah and Ahkmenrah seated next to him. There was a spot on the other side of him for Shepseheret and you would have to kneel down as always.
She grabbed you hand, and you jumped a bit. She had never done that before, and to you it was a sign you got even closer. She guided you towards her seat and you kneeled down next to her. You waited for the guards to fill their plate before filling her cup with wine.
"Thank you so much, Y/n. Now if you'll excuse us, we have something to discuss." You glanced towards the brothers and you noticed Kahmunrah was looking you up and down, winking when you made accidental eye contact. You quickly looked down at the ground, avoiding eye contact and walked out of the room.