Boyfriend

As an aspiring actress, it was not easy to find a job in New York. You'd think jobs would be open all over the place, but with an abundance of acting opportunities came an abundance of extremely qualified super-talented people that somehow always stole the spotlight from you. Of all places, you had never expected your first job to be here.

The New York Museum of Natural History was sort of famous for their amazing night program. The museum, as they said, "came to life" with actors and animatronics and all sorts of amazing special effects, all managed by the "Night Guard", Larry Daley. And it just so happened that you were friends with his son.

Nicky had hooked you up the minute you mentioned a fascination with the 1940's.

"It's pretty simple. All you have to do is sing some songs with the other 40's girls and maybe talk to the guests a little. Nicky said you know a lot about the 40's right?"

"World War II is my favorite." You nodded.

"Perfect." Larry nodded and showed you where he kept the costumes and had you pick a dress that suited you. Surprisingly, there weren't very many. Just a sparse collection of clothes from specific eras, particularly the ones that were getting new actors. "All right, so, everything starts up an hour after sundown. Just be there like fifteen minutes before opening."

"Will do. Thank you so, so much, Mr. Daley."

"See you tonight."

...

The Victory Rolls had been nearly impossible to put in, but you thought they looked pretty good, although, at this point, your hair was more hairspray and pins than it was hair. You topped off the look with some simple eyeliner wings and red lipstick and then walked in the door fifteen minutes before they opened for their night session.

It was as though history had thrown up in the lobby.

People from several different eras were walking through the museum to get everything ready. And it took you a while to find a familiar face, but finally, you found Nicky. He was standing at the DJ booth talking to a man wearing a tall golden headpiece and a shimmering orange cape. The moment his eyes fell upon you, they widened. A small smile pulled at his lips.

"Nicky, where's your Dad?"

"Woah, (Y/N), I barely even recognized you!" He looked pretty impressed. "Nice...hair."

"Thank you."

"I don't know where Dad went." Nicky looked around for a second before noticing the look on his Egyptian friend's face. "Buuut, I can introduce you to this guy! (Y/N), this is-"

"I am Ahkmenrah, fourth king of the fourth king." He took your hand in his own, and instead of shaking it as you had expected, he brought it to his lips. Your cheeks had never burned so bright. "And it is a pleasure to meet someone so beautiful."

"Wow, is everyone here so into character?" there was a crack in your voice as you replied. "N-nice to meet you too. You're...hot. Oh my God, did I just say that out loud?" Nicky smiled, as did Ahk. "I gotta go, byeeeee." You started to walk away and eventually ran right into Larry.

"You okay, (Y/N)? Your face is all red."

"I'm f-fine. Where do you want me?"

...

The night gig was fun, you decided. You got to sing with a 1940's trio and then teach kids about World War II. And a few hours before sunrise, when the night hours were officially over, you were once again greeted by the handsome Pharaoh.