Inmortal

You were at the Natural History Museum, laying in Ahk's arms as you two watched Tv. You were playing with his fingers, while his eyes were fixed on the screen. Your head was in his lap, and his other hand was stroking through your hair. You were thinking about your relationship together. Ahk was immortal, but you would grew old and die at some point. This scared you, you didn't want to lose Ahk, he was the love of your life, you couldn't imagine a life without him.

"Ahk, I've been thinking..." He hummed and let his eyes fall to your appearance, giving you his full attention.

"What is it, my love?" You were kinda scared to tell him, but this has been on your mind for a very long time now.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He nodded, and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean, Y/n. Didn't we already agree on that?" You sat up and turned to Ahk, cupping his jaw in one of your hands, while keeping eye contact.

"Ahk, I mean I don't want to die, I want to stay with you forever." His eyes widened, taking in your words. You wanted him to kill you.

"Y/n, think this through, I don't know if I can handle you being killed." He grabbed both your hands in his and stared deeply into your eyes.

"Ahk, I will rise when you will, I won't die, well technically I would, but you could spend every night with me, forever." He shook his head.

"We won't know if it will work, Y/n. I can't lose you!" You pecked his lips, feeling him relax under your touch.

"I'm ready, Ahk. Ready to spend my entire life with you." You whispered in his ear.

He nodded, not knowing what to say. He grabbed your hand and guided you towards the tablet, placing your hand on it.

"Do you want to do it now? What about Larry?" You almost forgot, you couldn't not tell him, he needed to know.

You walked towards the main hall, Ahk's hand in yours. You could see Larry sitting behind the information desk, joined by Teddy, Sacagawea, Jed and Octavius. He turned to you and Ahk and smiled.

"What can I do for you two?" You hesitated and looked at Ahk, who nodded at you to continue.

"Larry, I-I decided to spend my life with Ahk." Larry furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean? You were kinda married already, right?" You noticed Sacagawea got the point, and put her hands on his shoulder. Larry turned around and looked at her.

"She wishes to die, so she could rise every night and be with Ahkmenrah." Larry's eyes widened.

"No, I won't let you do that!" He turned to you, you could see the tears form into his eyes.

"Y/n, have you thought this through? When you die, you will never be alive again." Jed exclaimed looking up at you.

"I have made my decision. I will die tomorrow night." You announced and walked of, Ahk staying behind to explain the whole process.

"Larry, she's not going to change her mind, but I must inform you that the process is not easy." Larry looked at Ahk, and motioned him to continue.

"Her organs will be taken out of her, she will be covered in oil, so her skin won't break once the day begins. She will be wrapped in bandages and put in a sarcophagus to survive the daylight." Larry sat down, putting his head in his hands, sighing deeply.

"Ahk, you better take good care of her, or you will pay the consequences." Ahk nodded and walked away, going to find you.

"I will help him with the ritual, Larry." Sacagawea informed Larry, who nodded, then asked for everyone to leave, so he could think this through.