Do You Remember?

You opened your eyes. You felt slightly confused as you let your eyes glance around your room and didn't recognize anything. You sat up and noticed you were in your room. You rubbed the top of your head, as you were sure you weren't here before. Maybe you dreamed about it? But it all seemed so real. You could almost feel the burning sand against the bottom of your feet. The hot Egyptian sun shining down on you as you walked through the decorated halls of the palace. The touch of your lover, making tingles shoot through your body.
You shrugged and got out of bed. As you grabbed your phone from the night stand, you pushed the home button, and jumped at the time.
"Shit..." You cursed to yourself as you quickly ran towards your bedroom and started your usual morning routine.
You fixed your appearance one last time, before sprinting downstairs and into the kitchen. You glanced at the clock, hanging on the wall, and noticed you still had plenty of time.
You glanced down at your phone, and noticed you had mistaken the 8 for a nine, giving you another 45 minutes to get ready. You sighed in relieve, and decided you would make yourself a nice breakfast, since you had the time.

"Hey, Nicky." You greeted the young boy as you stepped into Larry's apartment.
"Hi, Y/n. I'll be ready in a sec." You nodded, before walking towards the kitchen, where Larry was busy making breakfast. His eyes spotted you and gave you a warm smile.
"Hey, Y/n. How've you been?" You nodded, and sat down at the kitchen table.
"I've been good. How's work?" You slightly narrowed your eyes as a smile creeped up Larry's face. His eyes lit up at the mention of his job, and you knew somethings was up.
"It's great. You should come visit the museum sometime." You shrugged, before extending your hand out towards the fruit bowl in front of you. You popped the grape into your mouth, and responded to Larry once you swallowed it.
"I was gonna. You have an Egyptian exhibit, right? Mind if I'll take a look?" He nodded, and took a bite of his toast. He joined you by the kitchen table, as you popped another grape into your mouth.
"Of course! You can bring Nicky to the museum after school, and I'll let you guys in." You thanked him. You heard Nicky call you from the front door, saying he was ready to go. You kissed Larry's cheek and joined his son by the door.
"You ready, big guy?" He smiled up at you and grabbed your hand, pulling you out of the house.
"Bye, dad! See you tonight!" Larry yelled something in response, before you pulled the door close and walked towards your car.

"How are your studies going, Y/n?" You looked up at Larry with tired eyes. The last few days you had spent in the museum, trying to translate the hieroglyphs painted on the walls of the Egyptian exhibit. Somehow it felt like you had been here before, and you felt like home once you stepped into the exhibit.
"It's going all right. Don't have much at the moment, but I'm working on it." Of course Larry had noticed the bags under your eyes. He could already see you at home, staring at the screen of your computer till 4 a.m. trying to find as much information about Egypt as possible. He had talked about it with Nicky, and the little boy agreed with his father when he suggested bringing you along at night. He nodded at you, as your hand held the pencil, which quickly made notes on the notebook you were holding. Larry smirked slightly as he walked out of the exhibit. He gently pulled the gates of the exhibits close, before placing the key in the keyhole and locking it. You turned towards the door when you heard a click. Your eyes widened at the sight of Larry locking you up, and smiling at you when you ran towards the door.
"Larry! Let me out!" He started laughing as you extended your hand through the bars of the gates. He patted the back of your hand, and walked away from the exhibit.
"No, Larry!" You yelled at him. You could hear his footsteps fading away. You groaned and turned back to the exhibit, not understanding why he would lock you up. You sat down on the ground, and traced your fingers over the bars of the gates. You jumped up when you heard Nicky call out your name.
"Yes, Nicky! Over here!" The boy sprinted towards you, and smiled when he saw you locked up in the Egyptian exhibit. He sat down on the other side of the bars.
"Did dad tell you about the museum yet?" You raised your eyebrows at him and shook your head.
The little boy giggles, before looking down at his watch.
"1 Minute, get ready!" You shrugged, and glanced back.
"For what?" Suddenly, you saw something glow from the corner of your eyes. The tablet you had been inspecting for several nights, started to glow. Your eyes widened at the sight of the two huge statues, moving their heads towards you.
"Nicky... what's going on?" You asked him with a shaky voice. He just chuckled and didn't respond. The guards tracked you with their black eyes, making you slightly uncomfortable as you stood up and walked further into the exhibit. You jumped when you heard something heavy crash onto the floor, and when you turned around, the lid of the sarcophagus was pushed aside.
"Nicky, let me out! This isn't funny!" Nicky ignored your begging, and just stared at the scene in front of him. You squealed as a mummy sat up in the sarcophagus and turned his head to you. He spoke to you in an ancient Egyptian language. Your eyes widened when you noticed you could understand him. You stared at him with wide eyes, as he stepped out of his sarcophagus and placed his feet on the marble underground.
"Y/n? My love..." You heard him speak. You didn't know how, but you responded in his language.
"Have we met?" He froze when you spoke. He started to unwrap himself from his bandages. He revealed his face, and suddenly all memories came flooding back into your mind. You felt your limbs become heavy, and suddenly everything turned black.

You opened your eyes, and was met by the beautiful ones of your lover. He eyes reflected worry, and you immediatly recognised them.
"Ahkmen..." The handsome pharaoh smiled at you, and extended his hand for you to grab. You placed your tiny hand in his palm, and he pulled you towards him. You looked up at him.
"Much time has passed, Y/n. I missed you."
"I missed you too, Ahkmenrah." You connected your lips to his, but was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. You glanced over your shoulder and saw Larry and Nicky smirking your way.
"What is going on here?" Larry asked you playfully. You chuckled, and turned to them. Ahkmenrah wrapped his arm around your waist, and smiled down at you as you talked to Larry.
You chuckled as Larry and Nicky's eyes widened in surprise as you explained.

"Ahkmenrah was my lover in a past life, and finally we meet again."

Author: yurio-plisetksy