Reunion

"Y/N? My love, the banquet's going to start soon. Where are you?" You snickered behind a pillar as your husband searched for you. You peeked out from around the corner and saw that his back was turned to you. As quietly as you could, you slowly began to creep over to him. Taking the opportunity, you took a running start and launched onto his back, wrapping your arms around his neck as he flailed. "Y/N!" He laughed, craning his neck so he could see you. You slid off his back, and he turned around. "We need to go, so if I may have the honors?" He offered you his arm, and you smiled softly as you slipped your arm through his. He gave you smile in return and wrapped your hand in his, gently leading you to the banquet hall.

❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈

That was the only happy memory you had left. You had been floating for so long, you didn't even remember the last time you saw the sun. You didn't remember what the wind felt like, and you didn't even remember what clouds looked like! All you could remember was your husband and the life you shared before you entered the oblivion. And even that was fading.

❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈

"Where is she?" You heard Ahkmenrah yell from another room in the palace. "Where is my wife?!" Shortly after their parents had died and Ahkmenrah became Pharaoh, Kahmunrah had seized control of the palace with a team of soldiers, and was holding you and Ahkmenrah captive.

"Patience, my brother." You struggled against the manacles around your wrists as your brother-in-law taunted your husband. "I'll gladly let you see her. All you have to do is relinquish the throne to me."

"Don't do it, Ahkmenrah!" You screamed as the guards watching you scrambled to muffle you. They ripped a piece of linen from the bottom of your skirt and wrapped it around your mouth, cutting off your shrieks.

"Y/N!" Ahkmenrah shouted. You heard a scuffle coming from the other room. The door swung open and Ahkmenrah sprinted in, his brother close behind. The guards easily caught Ahkmenrah before he could reach you and he struggled and yelled in their grip, trying to reach you. Kahmunrah lazily sauntered over to you, snatching a sword from one of his men. He shoot your husband an animalistic grin, and held the blade to your throat. Ahkmenrah froze, his eyes widening.

"I will not ask again." He sneered, pressing the blade against your neck. "Give me the throne, or my dear sister-in-law will be no more." Ahkmenrah stared at you, his eyes conflicted. You shook your head, silently begging him not to do it. He looked away.

"Fine. You can have the throne. Just don't hurt her." A single tear slid down your face, and Kahmunrah grinned.

"I won't, I promise." He snapped a finger and suddenly Ahkmenrah was forced onto his knees. "Too bad I can't say the same for you. And before you could scream, Kahmunrah plunged his sword into his brothers chest. Ahkmenrah gave you once last haunting glance before he crumpled to the ground. Kahmunrah turned to you, ignoring your sobs as he flicked your husband's blood off of his blade. "Now, every Pharaoh needs a woman to rule alongside him, and since your husband left this world far too soon..." He trailed off as he looked at you expectantly. You glared at him through you tears.

"I'd rather die." You spat. He shrugged nonchalantly.

"That can be arranged." He said as he ran you through with the same blade that killed your husband.

❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈

Your eyes slowly fluttered open, only to be greeted by the darkness. You gasped. Where am I? You reached out, but your hands were stopped by...stone? You pushed against it, but it wasn't budging. You heard noises, and you hammered against the stone even harder.

"Hold on!" An unfamiliar voice called out. "We'll have you out in a second!" The stone above you began to slide away, flooding your senses with light. A hand reached down and you grasped it, letting the stranger help you out of your prison. You unwrapped the linens from around you heard, blinking as you adjusted to your new surroundings. "Welcome to the Museum of Natural History. I'm Larry, the night guard." You smiled politely.

"Nice to meet you, my name's—"

"Y/N?" Your voice caught in your throat, and you slowly turned around. Tears sprung to your eyes and you covered your mouth with your hands.

"Ahk?" He sprinted towards you, snatching you up as he spun you around as you clung to him. He put you down and pressed his lips to every inch of your face, speaking in between each one.

"How—did – you – get – here?" He gently held your face in his hands.

"How do you think?" You covered his hands with your own. He closed his eyes and pressed his forehead to yours.

"He'll never hurt you again, I swear." You smiled and wrapped your arms around his neck as he pulled you close again. An awkward cough forced you to separate as you looked over at Larry sheepishly.

"Mind telling me who this is, Ahk?" Ahkmenrah blushed.

"Of course. Y/N, this is Larry, the Guardian of Brooklyn. Larry, this is Y/N, my wife." Larry's eyes widened.

"How come you never told us you were married?" Ahkmenrah grimaced.

"I thought I'd never see her again." He said quietly. You smiled softly at him and laced your fingers through his. He gazed at you gently. "But now she's back, and I'm never letting her leave my side." You were about to answer him, but blaring music interrupted you. You looked at Ahkmenrah, who was still smiling at you. "Come on, I want you to meet all my friends," He led you out of the room to where the music was coming from, and in that moment you decided that there was no other place you'd rather be.

✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾

┏━━━━━━━・✾・━━━━━━━┓night-at-the-museum-imagines┗━━━━━━━・✾・━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━・✾・━━━━━━━┓
night-at-the-museum-imagines
┗━━━━━━━・✾・━━━━━━━┛