The Kiss

It all seemed so unreal. The tablet was so close to you. So close but not enough - it was in the hands of Lancelot. You were running out of time in an enormous speed. You needed more time but there was no one around who could make your wish come true.

'It'll be fine I promise' you said choking with your own tears when you kneeled next to Ahkmenrah. He was struggling for air, his hands clasped tightly on the railing, his whole body shaking. You saw his skin breaking and turning darker. He reached with one of his hands to you grasping yours painfully. You couldn't care less about your pain when you felt his rough and cold palm that was so different from the one he would touch you before all of this. It only made you sob harder.

'I'm here. I'm here' you covered his palm with your other one. Ahk closed his eyes in agony. You heard the blur of conversation in front of you but couldn't focuse long enough before Ahkmenrah fell into your arms. You sat down supporting him as much as you could. Your vision was clouded now and you could barely see anything. You blinked quickly letting the tears that gathered in your eyes free and you could taste their saltiness the moment they reached your quivering lips.

'Please no' you raised his upper part a little bit higher. Ahk then opened his eyes, his beautiful, shining green orbs were now hazy, almost no color left. The young pharaoh raised his fingers and gently touched your cheek before his hand fell down, his eyes closed again and his chest stopped moving.

'Ahk? Ahk? Ahkmenrah!' you shook him but the only sound you heard was his crown hitting the cold floor. A cry tore out from your throat when you pressed him closer one of your hands caressing his dry cheek. It was over. Ahkmenrah was gone and you never told him how much you loved him.

You looked at Larry. He had tears in his own eyes when he looked at you and his unmoving friends. He reached his hand once again towards Lancelot who glanced at you and handed the guard the tablet. You didn't allow yourself to hope. They were gone and you didn't know if the tablet would work.

You focused back on Ahk your fingers tracing his jaw and caressing his hair. But then in the corner of your eye you spotted it: the familiar golden glow. You quickly looked in that direction. The tablet was renewing itself. Just then you heard an intake of breath and felt movement in your arms. You quickly turned your head and saw Ahk breathing rapidly sitting straight. His skin again had this warm, olive color and was whole and soft. Ahkmenrah leaned his forehead against cold banister and put his hand on his heart. His eyes were closed when he took another deep breath.

Then he finally looked at you with those stunning green eyes of his and you couldn't help yourself when you throw yourself on him, squeezing his face between your hands as your lips found his. You pulled away but your faces were still close the moment Ahk connected your lips again just as fervently. Your fingers traveled into his short hair while his hands greedily roamed over your back, his soft lips in complete synchron with yours. When you finally parted he pressed his forehead to yours, your fingers slide to his neck and played with short hair there. Ahkmenrah leaned once again this time kissing your lips tenderly, he put his hands on your jaw and turned your head, just slightly hovering over you. He smiled in the kiss when he felt your arms on his waist pulling him closer.

You pulled away once again looking at him.

'I thought I lost you' you whispered.

'I'm not going anywhere' he smiled kissing your nose.

Author: imagine-upon-a-star