Research

Sometimes having a dad who is the night security guard at the museum has its perks. Especially when you have an assignment on Egypt that you had to do and you needed a place to start.

You were waiting in the Egypt exhibit for sundown, surfing on the laptop that you brought for notes. You looked up once you heard movement in the sarcophagus, the lid raising and being pushed off, then the lid of the protective casing being pushed off once it was out of the way. Ahkmenrah looked over to you and smiled.

"Hey, it's been a while," he greeted as he climbed out of the sarcophagus. He gave you a slightly confused look. "Here to see me?"

"I hope you don't mind. But my dad said you'd be fine with helping me with my paper? It's on ancient Egypt," you said, an apologetic tone to your voice.

"I would, but don't papers usually need sources? I can give you more than any available source can, but you can't exactly say that you interviewed a mummy," Ahkmenrah pointed out.

"I know," you replied, patting the seat next to you for Ahkmenrah to sit. He walked over and sat down. "I'm just using what you tell me as a springboard to figure out what to look for in my sources. Figure out which ones are the most accurate, maybe find something I never would've thought to look up."

Ahkmenrah nodded as he listened. "Smart," he commented with a charming smile. "So, what would you like to know?"

A couple hours and a few pages of notes in Word later and you frowned. "Shoot. We're going to have to call it a night," you complained, saving the document. It wasn't as long as you hoped, since the two of you often got side-tract. "I forgot to bring my charger and my laptop's dying."

"You still going to stay, though?" Ahkmenrah asked as you closed your laptop and set it aside. He almost looked hopeful.

"You want me to?" you asked in reply.

"Well, I, uh," Ahkmenrah stammered. Though he was cut off by the PA system coming on and a very familiar song playing over it.

"Sha-la-la-la music play, do what the music say, you wanna kiss the girl," was the recording. You looked at Ahkmenrah confused, before glaring at the camera in the room.

"Dad!" you yelled at the camera, which seemed to cause the PA system to stop playing the music.

"I have no idea what that was about," you commented, turning back to Ahkmenrah. The Egyptian seemed a mix of confused and embarrassed.

"I think Larry is trying to play matchmaker," Ahkmenrah stated, sounding almost hesitant to say it.

"What, between us?" you asked. "But you're... and I'm..." You couldn't finish your thoughts.

"You're the night guard's daughter and I'm an exhibit?" Ahkmenrah asked. You couldn't tell what his expression was. "In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have told Larry about my crush," he muttered, bringing his head down to rest in his hands in embarrassment.

You blushed. You had no idea Ahkmenrah had a crush on you. "Hey, you know what?" you asked. Ahkmenrah lifted his head out of his hands and looked at you. "Obviously my dad approves of me dating a really good-looking few-thousand-year-old mummy." You leaned in and kissed his cheek. "Let's do it."

"Really?" Ahkmenrah asked. You nodded with a smile. He smiled back, before leaning in, kissing you on the lips. You closed your eyes and wrapped your arms around him, breaking out of the kiss after a moment.

"We'll just have to remember to cover the cameras if we want to do anything other than kissing," you commented. Ahkmenrah laughed, still blushing.

Author: marvellousimagines