Jealous

The clanging of heavy iron swords echoed down the hallway. Ahkmenrah quickened his pace. You were spending more and more time with Lancelot. Which was something Ahkmenrah was not too happy about. The metallic sound grew louder as he approached the medieval exhibit. A deep voice accompanied each clash.

"Good, good Y/N. I shall make a knight out of you yet."

Ahkmenrah rolled his eyes. He would be lying if he said that he wasn't jealous of the relationship you had with Lancelot. You both seemed to grow closer every day. He turned the corner and stepped into the circular room. Ahkmenrah saw you bent over with Lancelot behind you, his chest on your back. Ahkmenrah froze. His jaw clenched. He balled his hands into fists. His eyes fixated on the knight, burning a hole straight through him. Ahkmenrah took one step closer. At that moment you elbowed the knight in the gut. Lancelot let out an 'oof' as you spun around to face him, bringing your sword up to his neck.

"Very good Y/N." He chuckled.

"I have a good teacher." You said.

Ahkmenrah cleared his throat. "Y/N, it is almost time if you have forgotten." He announced clearly annoyed. "Or are you too busy now?"

One night about a month ago Tilly called you to come into work early. And by early she meant 8 hours before your shift started. She said she had something amazing to show you. She was not wrong. So, ever since then you came to work "early" every night. And not just because the entire museum came to life at night. There was a certain pharaoh whose company you enjoyed more than the other 'exhibits'. You two became close. So close that once in a while you and Ahkmenrah explored a different part of London at night.

"Oh I didn't forget Ahk. I was just wasting time until your mother decided to let you out to play." You teased.

Ahkmenrah winced at the comment. He missed his parents terribly and was so thankful to finally find them. But the constant hovering of his mother embarrassed him immensely.

"I shall take my leave then." Lancelot spoke. "Enjoy your evening. Oh and if you happen upon Huge Ackman, could you offer him my sincerest apologies. I still feel terrible that I tried to kick those false boulders at him." He bowed at the both of you then left the room.

You turned to face Ahkmenrah. His gaze followed the knight out of the room. His jaw unclenching as Lancelot departed.

"So what's the rush pharaoh?" You asked. "You haven't even changed yet?"

He was still dressed in his royal garb. His eyes never left the doorway. He seemed not to hear you.

"Ahkmenrah?" You said louder. "Oi pharaoh!!"

Ahkmenrah finally turned towards you. His eyes still burning with jealousy. He had the strangest look on his face, a mixture of sadness and anger.

"What's your problem?" You asked.

"Nothing. It's nothing." He mumbled.

"That's a bold faced lie." You snorted. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Is. Wrong. Y/N." He reiterated.

"Oh, really?" You said cocking an eyebrow at him.

"Yes, really." He answered hotly.

You walked around Ahkmenrah and stood in front of the double doors of the exhibit. Crossing your arms over your chest and narrowing your eyes at him.

"We are not going anywhere until you tell me why you are acting like this." You stated.

"Y/N, please. Can we just leave?" Ahkmenrah pleaded. "I do not wish to argue with you."