Together

✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾

It was another beautiful fall day in London, only a week away from Halloween. The crisp air rejuvenating your lungs with every breath. The world was painted with deep crimson and amber hues. Masses of leaves gathered along the sidewalk. Occasionally rustling and twirling in mini tornadoes. The smell of cinnamon and apples lured you into a local shop on the way to the museum. Nestled in the corner, past the cases of mouth-watering muffins, were about a dozen round pumpkins on petite hay bales. Various sizes, orange and white, all begging to go with you. You picked a plump little orange one, to carve with Ahkmenrah back at the museum. As the sun went down the air grew colder. The chill nipping at your exposed fingers. You hurried towards the museum, eager to see your pharaoh.

Inside the London Museum, you and Ahkmenrah had your own little space, a private room just for you two. Adorn with soft satin pillows and white sparkling fairy lights dangling from the ceiling. You sat between Ahkmenrah's legs, slumped against his chest. His arms cradled around you. You fingers lazily grazed the skin on his forearms. You stared at the small orange face that was far too friendly for your liking. Nowhere near as frightening as you wanted, but it would do. The candle inside was too tall for the poor little jack-o-lantern. The smell of scorched pumpkin slowly filled the small room.

"Tell me a story." You sighed. "Something spooky, since its Halloween."

"Something scary. Hmmm, let me think." Ahkmenrah pondered for a few moments. "I believe I have something that is much like an 'urban legend' that you should enjoy."

"Most of our stories revolve around the Nile. But this one, this one is a bit different from those. This story is about El Naddaha. El Naddaha is a genie-like siren. She is said to be very beautiful. With long flowing black hair, mesmerizing eyes and an enchanting voice. She wears a transparent dress and lives along the banks of the Nile Delta." Ahkmenrah began.

"She only comes out at night, and only during a full moon. During that time, she exits her underwater cavern and rests on the shore of the river. She waits until she meets a man walking alone, then suddenly appears. She calls the man's name softly. Her voice is sad and melodic, like a sweet-sounding symphony. But loud and clear. As he turns and looks into her eyes, she hypnotizes him with her chant like call. She lures the man into the Nile, where he drowns in the cold water or swims to death.

Now if someone were to prevent the 'called' from going after the siren, she will curse that person. Turning their life into a living hell. In the end the person loses their mind, committing suicide.

Occasionally the siren will fall in love with her prey. So she brings him into her underwater cave where she makes love to him for months until she finally kills him. Burying his bones so that he can never ever escape. Many say they had encountered the creature but ran away before looking at her face. None dared look into her eyes or else they would not be alive to tell the tale. Oooooooooooooo." Ahkmenrah finished wiggling his fingers in the air in a dramatic fashion.