Dawn

'Morning is coming', you mumbled. 'We should get up'.

Ahk only hummed in agreement but didn't stop his fingers from tracing shapes on your bare back. Neither of you made any effort to move.

'I would love to stay like this all day' the pharaoh whispered as any louder sound could break the magic that sourrounded you.

'Me too' you said looking at him. At his ruffled hair and sparkling eyes. At smile that seemed not to leave his face since the moment you had opened the door to the attic and had laid on bed hours ago.

Said bed belonged to some lady 200 years ago and couldn't find a place on any exhibition so was hidden on the top floor of the museum to use later. You and Ahk found entirely different way to use it. Much better in your humble opinion.

You gave him a sweet and slow kiss that he reciprocated with as much tenderness as you were giving him bringing you closer to him, all your skin pressed together. Ahk's hand that kept you in his warm embrace moved a little bit lower on your waist tickling you.

Your soft laughter broke the kiss making the pharaoh smile even wider. He caressed your cheek as you laid there in companionable silence. Suddenly he looked down and bit inside of his cheek.

'Is everything alright?' you asked guiding your fingers gently over the curve of his jaw.

'It's nothing. Just...' he shook his head 'I don't know if I should say it'

'Well let's find out' you smiled encouragingly. He was silent a little bit biting his lip before he finally spoke up.

'I've never done it with a person I loved' Ahk looked at you. 'During my days in Egypt it was normal to have girls that took care of you this way that would come to you every single night and leave immediately after. It was always meaningless. And you...', his eyes were radiating with love. 'You made this single night the most remarkable night in my entire existence. I've never felt more worthy or loved', he kissed you once again pouring all his feelings in this one gesture.

He said it. Ahkmenrah, the man you were madly in love with, told you he loved you.

'Yes. Mhm. You should definitely say things like that' you said with your eyes closed pressing your forehead to his after you pulled apart. You felt his chest shaking in silent laughter making you smile as well. You opened your eyes to make sure he knew that the words you were about to spoke were true. 'I love you Ahk' you leaned into him giving him eskimo kiss. The smile he gave you melted your heart.

Ahkmenrah propped himself on his elbow and took one of your hands in his, his eyes not once leaving yours. You nuzzled your face in them before pulling away and smiling. Just then you heard clock chiming as another hour passed.

'We should get up. You have to be in your sarcophagus before the sun rises' you mumbled kissing his palm.

Ahk looked at the clock on the opposite wall. 'We still have 20 minutes', he said kissing your neck. 'And if we quickly get dressed after then even 30'You only laughed before he connected your lips with his once again.

Author: imagine-upon-a-star