Trapped

You ran away from Ahk. Laughing loudly as you could hear him catch up. You turned a corner, and accidently walked into an exhibit. You apologized to the faceless soldier, and continued running, but now you could hear Ahk right behind you.
"No!" You yelled in between laughs as Ahk grabbed your arm and slowed you down. You eventually fell into his arms, laughing loudly while trying to catch your breath. Ahk took a deep breath trying to catch his breath too, while his arms were securely wrapped around your waist.
"You're fast."
"You're slow." You chuckled as he raised an eyebrow at you. He took a step back. You were still panting from the intense play of tag, and you couldn't help but notice Ahk was already perfectly fine.

"Are you not tired?" You asked him in between breaths. He shrugged and answered you.
"I actually don't have any lungs, so...." You nodded at him. Suddenly you got an idea.
"Let's play hide and seek!" Ahk chuckled, but nodded. You discussed the rules, before deciding Ahk would search first and you would be hiding.
You quickly ran away, as Ahk started counting. Your footsteps echoed through the halls, bouncing against the walls. You thought about a good hiding spot, but stopped walking when you couldn't think of any. You noticed a map of the museum on your right side, walking over to it and taking a look at it. Your eyes roamed over the map, but nothing seemed like a perfect hiding spot. You glanced at the Egyptology exhibit, and decided to surprise Ahk and hide in his sarcophagus. It was probably way too obvious you would be hiding there, which means that Ahk wouldn't look in his own exhibit. You giggled as you walked into his exhibit. You took a look around, maybe there was another hiding spot. His guards followed your presence with their eyes, but didn't do anything. You had visited his exhibit several times, and they knew how close you were with Ahk. You traced the walls with your finger, hoping there would be some kind of secret door to a secret room, but of course nothing. You were kind of disappointed and decided you would just hide in the sarcophagus. You groaned as you pushed the heavy lid off, and stepped into the small space. You hesitated slightly as you saw how narrow it was, but laid down quickly when you heard footsteps approaching the exhibit.
You quickly closed the lid, not hearing it lock itself once fully closed. You took a deep breath and stayed quiet. It smelled like Ahk in here, and you quit enjoyed the nice scent. You noticed it had a soft underground, several blankets covering the bottom of the sarcophagus. You grabbed one and buried your nose deep into it, inhaling Ahk's scent, before exhaling with a smile on your face.

You had been in the sarcophagus for about 10 minutes, when you suddenly heard footsteps. You covered your mouth with your hand, trying to muffle your breaths. The footsteps walked around the exhibit for a bit, before leaving again. You exhaled loudly, and decided it was time to find another hiding spot. You pushed against the lid, but it wouldn't budge. You pushed a little harder, but no movement yet again. You started to panic slightly as you pushed on the lids with your feet, trying to open it. Your breathing started to become uneven as you started to use all your strength to push against the lid. This took you a lot of energy, and you noticed a lack of oxygen once you stopped pushing. Tears welled into your eyes as you felt trapped. The blankets made the small space extremely hot. You felt your body heat up, and within minutes you were a sweating mess. It felt like a sauna, you could barely breath and the blankets didn't help at all. Tears rolled down your cheeks as you started to scream for help. You aggressively tried to push the lid of, even tried to pull it down. You screamed your lungs out as your salty tears stained your cheeks.
"Help! Get me out! Please!" You felt nauseous. You had been full on screaming for several minutes, and your body felt weak. Even though your hands kept pushing against the lid, you felt light headed, and like you could pass out at any minute. You screamed one last time, your throat hurting and your hands and feet bruised. Suddenly the lid flew open and revealed a worried Ahkmenrah.
You quickly sat up and took a deep breath, your body hanging over the edge of the sarcophagus. You were sweating and tears were still rolling down your cheeks as you looked up at Ahk. His eyes were wide open, as he pulled you into his arms. You started to sob once in his arms. He picked you up and sat down on the ground, you on his lap.
"Y/n, it's okay. I'm here." His arms tightened around your small frame, as you buried your face in the crook of his neck. Your tears trickled down his chest, making him shiver slightly. His hand was holding yours, while his finger caressed over your knuckles. They were bruised, with a few small cuts. The sight of you made his heart shatter, and he kissed your forehead as he tried to calm you down.
"It's okay. I love you. You're okay."

When you calmed down, you stayed in that position for a good half hour. Ahk's arm was wrapped around your shoulder, as his other hand was still on yours. Your other hand was placed on his chest, and your head was resting against his shoulder.
"I'm sorry." Ahk muttered to you, making you slightly glance up at him.
"For what?"
"For trapping you inside my sarcophagus." You snorted slightly.
"I trapped myself in there. You had nothing to do with it, Ahk." You sat up slightly, and kissed his cheek. He smiled down at you, as you closed your eyes and enjoyed his presence.

"I love you, Y/n."

"I love you more, Ahk."

✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾

┏━━━━━━━・✾・━━━━━━━┓yurio-plisetksy┗━━━━━━━・✾・━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━・✾・━━━━━━━┓
yurio-plisetksy
┗━━━━━━━・✾・━━━━━━━┛