Wait For Me

"Hey," You looked up from your locker as you put away your textbooks.

"Hi, Nicky." You said as you closed your locker and hefted your bag over your shoulder. "What's up?"

"I'm heading to the museum after school, you wanna come?" You brightened at the invitation.

"Sure, I'd love to!" You and Nicky had been friends when you were little, meaning that you knew about the museum's "secret". You had moved away shortly thereafter, and had only just returned to Brooklyn a few months ago. As a result, you had skipped over the events that had led up to the release of Ahkmenrah.

"Great!" Meet me at the museum at 5, okay?"

"Sounds good!" You both said your farewells, and you walked out to the parking lot with a spring in your step.

❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈

"Hey!" Nicky looked up from where he sat on the museum steps. He stood up when he saw you approach.

"You're early," He commented. You checked your watch.

"Really? My watch says I'm late."

"Nope. But that's fine, it's just less waiting time." He held the door open for you and ushered you in. "Hey dad!" He shouted into the silence.

"Nicky?" A voice answered from somewhere in the museum. Larry appeared from around the corner, and froze. "Is that Y/N?"

"Hi, Mr. Daley," You waved sheepishly. He nodded to you and turned to Nicky.

"What is she doing here?"

"Y/N just moved back, and it's been years since she came to the museum. Plus she missed the whole 'Elease-Ray of the Ummy-May'." You looked at Nicky, confused.

"I'm sorry, what? What do you mean 'Release of the Mummy?' The last time I was here, I thought mummy releasing was frowned upon. Should I be worried?" Nicky just grinned as the sun went down.

"You'll see." Before you could ask any more, you heard a neigh. You turned around just to see Teddy approach the three of you.

"Hello Lawrence! Nicholas," He nodded to the Daley's before turning to you.

"You probably don't remember me. My name is—"

"Y/N, of course! He held his hand out. You shook it. "How have you been?"

"I've been fine," You said politely.

"Is that Y/N?" You heard another shout. You looked around, but couldn't see anyone. Something slammed into your ankle, and you let out a cry. Rubbing your ankle. You looked down. Jedediah and Octavius climbed out of a remote controlled car. Jedediah waved at you, while Octavius shouted at Jed for being so reckless. You crouched down.

"Hi guys!" You smiled at the pair. They stopped their bickering and turned to you.

"Hello, Y/N." Octavius greeted politely.

"Hey, Y/N! What're ya doing here?"

"We moved back a few weeks ago." Jed whooped with happiness.

"You owe me ten bucks,Octy!" You laughed. Octavius grumbled and handed Jed a few tiny coins.

"That's not my name."

"Did you guys actually make bets on whether or not I'd be coming back?" They realized what they had done and stopped, looking at their feet in shame. You laughed again at the sudden change in behaviour. "It's fine you guys. Apparently Nicky made a bet with Larry. You heard Larry scoff behind you.