Chapter One: A New Start

A/N:

    Helloo!!! Thank you to all you amazing readers who are giving this book a chance. Please drop your comments and views, I'd love to read it. With that being said, I won't keep this long but please don't be mean, I'd love your support and positive criticism. And do not practice plagiarism, it is not cool to steal someone's work. There are too many emotions and efforts involved. A massive thank you once again.

Happy Reading!

CHAPTER 1: A New Start.

       "I think a change,
         Would do you good."
- Sheryl Crow.

Change.

If you search it up it simply means to become something different or to replace one's clothes and so on. But change is something inevitable, something we all go through and it changes us. It changes us for good.

For me change never had much significance, I didn't know then that change meant a chance. A chance to become someone new, a chance to start over, a chance to make everything right.

But now as we drive through the empty streets illuminated by the orange lights of the lamp posts I smile against the cold wind and think how different everything else will be now. And for the first time instead of resisting, I welcome it along with all the timid and jittery nerves it brings.

So I let these thoughts consume me as we roll into the driveway of the house we would now call our home.

                             ----♡----

"Are you kidding me?"

That's the first frame of sentence that spills out of my tongue when I take in the huge two story house standing before me firm and unshakable. Sure for some people it may be an ordinary house but when you're coming from a house probably like the size of a matchbox then yes its a huge leap.

I drop the bags I was holding, slack jawed and turn to look at my mother who is grinning ear to ear nodding her head like a bobble head.

"Can you believe it? We finally made it!" she says her beautiful brown eyes welling up as she once again lets her gaze skim our new home.

Eleanor Claire Mae Emmerson daughter of Evelyn Emmerson my mom. I probably won't call myself a daughter of my poor exuse of a dad. However that's a story for another day.

"Ella? Is this our new house?" my little sister Emma asks and from the corner of my eye I see William my younger brother standing frozen wide eyed at the view before him.

"Yes Em." I answer her with a huge  smile. She holds my pinky finger in her little palm as we walk towards our house. I look at the house next door, mom would probably take us there to say hi to them.

"Ellen?" Mum sofly calls me and holds out our house key. I know what's coming next so I already begin shaking my head,

"No you open it, God only knows how many ungodly hours you've worked hard for this moment and I won't take it away from you." I say taking a step back for her to open the house. She smiles gratefully and I decide to annoy my little brother.

"Willy stop tapping your foot." I say looking at his impatient posture. Oh he hates it when I call him that.

He and Emma had a lot of similarities of mum than I did. They both were brunette with deep brown melting eyes where as I inherited my Dad's almost black eyes which turned a shade of brown when exposed to sunlight. My mother was somewhat pale with same light brown hairs while I had jet black long hairs like my Dad. It's such a shame I turned out to be like him when my mother was much, much beautiful.