Chapter Thirty Two: Trouble In Paradise?

CHAPTER 32: Trouble In Paradise?

"And I'm all in, nothing left to hide
I'm falling harder than a landslide."
-Lifehouse.

Highschool parties suck.

I don't get what's all the hype about.

People get drunk. People dance. I'd hardly call it that but let's not get into details. It's a mess. The music's too loud, the stench of alcohol is brutal, everything is sweaty and spiked, strangers make out everywhere. How do people even enjoy this thing called a party?

What a wild mess of animals!

Guess today I'm going to be one of them.

Probably a dog.

Dogs are cute animals.

I'm not even drunk and I'm already talking shit.

The guy who's party it is, is so freaking rich it's not even funny. I'm pretty sure there's a pool of gold somewhere in the backyard. This house is even bigger than Damon's house and that's saying a lot cause he practically lives in a mansion.

A couple of steps leads to the big front door and I lean into Damon when he wraps his arm around my shoulders. People were already drunk and swaying in the front lawn, I'm pretty sure a guy was throwing up in the bushes.

Ew.

The door swings open and Damon steps us both aside when a guy comes stumbling outside.

“Hasn't the party just started? People are already drunk?” I look at Damon and he shrugs before tucking me under his side again.

“Must be drowning their worries in alcohol.” he mutters before we step inside and a strong whiff of all kinds of mixed alcohol meets my nose.

“Damon. My man!” a guy with sandy brown hairs and sharp eyes walks towards us with his hand outstretched for a bro handshake.

“Nathan.” Damon nods his tight hold on me not faltering.

“You got yourself a girl?” Nathan's eyes turn to assess me and I don't quite like the look he gives me. His eyes greedily do a once over twice and I give him a tight smile. Damon must feel the same because he pulls me closer and smiles at him sarcastically.

“Yeah. She's my girlfriend.” he doesn't bother telling him my name and quickly excuses us.

I finally look around the dark room. Music thrums throughout the house making my heart beat at an ungodly pace, red cups are littered and seen in almost everyone's hands, the middle of the room is packed with grinding teenagers, some making out against the walls.

When I turn to the others they are already scattered and I spot Lily with Mason already downing the contents of the said red cup. They don't waste a minute do they?

“Want a drink babe?” Damon leans down and raises his voice so that I can hear him. The room was relatively dark but the strobe lights illuminates his face.

I shake my head and speak just as loud. “Got practice tomorrow. It will be hell nursing an hangover.”

He laughs and I make out that sound even through the deafening music. “I know how it feels. But are you sure you don't want even one?”