Chapter Forty Eight: Home Sweet Home

CHAPTER 48: Home Sweet Home.

"Because when I look at you, I can feel it. And I look at you and I'm home."
-Finding Nemo.

We stumble inside the house a little close to midnight, and my shoulders shake in soundless laughter when his foot catches onto the ‘Welcome’ rug. He glares at me but then averts his eyes around the dark room.

“I think everyone's already sleeping?” I ask as I tiptoe on the wooden floorboards but they creak loudly when Luke carelessly walks ahead of me. Ugh boys!

“Yeah. When mom called, I told her I took you to the fair so they knew we'd be late. Don't worry I've got us covered.” he winks and plops down on the couch, patting the empty space beside him.

I settle to his side, under his arm and he rubs my shoulder soothingly.

“Want to watch a movie?”

“What do you have?” I grin and he dramatically throws his arm over his eyes.

“Only the best. Go change, I'll get everything set up.”

I reach up and press a grateful kiss to his cheek which makes him open his eyes and a lazy smile spread across his lips.

“We can just sleep you know, you look tired.” I whisper but he shakes his head, a lock falling over his forehead. I fondly brush it back.

“I don't want today to end.”

“Me too.” I agree nuzzling his shoulder, his lingering cologne making me dizzy.

I quickly change into my pyjamas and tie my hair in a bun, contemplating in the small bathroom mirror if he'll judge me in my silly ‘Winx’ pyjamas. I look like a thirteen year old. Sighing, I shrug and wash my face. He'll just have to deal with it. When I silently go back down again, he's fishing in a small box.

“Lion King?” he holds up with a questioning brow.

“The 1994 one?” I grin and bounce on my toes.

“The one and only.” he matches my excited grin.

I nod profusely. Chuckling under his breath, he plays the movie and I place the pillows and blankets comfortably.

“Hot chocolate?” he murmurs.

“Sans the marshmallows.” I fall back on the fluffy pillows. He gives me a funny look and I widen my eyes dramatically.

“What? Soggy marshmallows are an abomination.”

“I can't believe it! You're crazy.” he mutters but a small smile graces his lips when I cheekily wink at him. He comes back with two steaming heavenly smelling mugs and extends one to me before carefully sitting down next to me.

I scoot closer and immediately his arm goes around my shoulders.

“When I get a dog I'd like to name it Simba.” I whisper watching the lights dance across the dark room.

“Mhm.”

When I look at him, his eyes are drooping sleepily, so I take the mug from him and we both lie down on the small couch. I sift my fingers through his soft hair which makes him hum satisfied and I smile at how cute he looks right now. So vulnerable and soft. He almost instantly falls asleep but I watch the movie until Simba runs away. And then I finally give into sleep.