Chapter Nine: You Have Got To Be Kidding Me.

CHAPTER 9: You Have Got To Be Kidding Me.

"Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth."
- Katy Perry.

"Mom! Will stole my pancake." Emma yells on top of her voice and I hear a loud sigh from the kitchen.

I smack the said person's head and he growls at me."What was that for?"

"Keep your barbaric habits to yourself, makes you look even more worse than your ugly face." I roll my eyes and lean back on my chair.

"Like yours is any better." He smirks and dodges my punch.

"William! Eat your damn breakfast or get out." Mum yells and he flinches erupting soft giggles from me. Emma high fives me with a wink.

Where is she learning all that from? Kids these days.

"No one loves me. My suspicions about being adopted grow bigger and bigger by each passing second. I don't even know why I live here, might as well kick me now than --" this time mum smacks him shutting him up for good from his dramatic muttering.

"Sometimes even I think you're adopted. I don't know from whom you get all these uncivilized habits." Mum shakes her head and Will's jaw drop.

"Mom!"

"Maybe he came here by the time machine from the Stone Age? Isn't that the period where uncivilized barbarians lived?" Emma innocently bats her lashes and I laugh uncontrollably.

"That's it. I'm going." Will sulks pushing himself from the chair and stomps out.

"Hey Will take your bag or wait! Are you going back to where you came from cause you sure as hell don't need bags there." I shout and I hear a loud groan, footsteps getting louder.

"I'm going to lose my sanity living with all you crazy women." He grabs his bag and grudgingly kisses mum's cheek as his usual goodbye.

"Not that you have any." I smirk and he pinches me before taking off.

"Ow!" I murmur rubbing my arm.

Mum laughs, "I'll never get used to your banter."

"He asked for it."

"Emma are you done?"

"Yep!" She pops the 'p' and jumps from the chair.

"I'm done too. You mind giving me a ride?"

"Why? Luke isn't coming today?"

I frown when I remember last night. That dimwit didn't even smile at me. He has too many attitude problems.

"I don't want to take free rides from him everyday mum."

She looks at me with uncertainty and then nods. Mothers know everything.

"Sure."

------♡-----

"Ellie!"

"Ellie wait!"

A warm large hand encloses around my wrist and my breathing stops along with my footsteps. He turns me around and we stand face to face and I huff.

"Well aren't you fast sweetie." Luke chuckles catching his breath.

"Call me that again and I'll make you taste your own sweet blood."

Woah! Where did that come from?
Whatever, it makes me feel like a freaking badass.