Chapter Twenty Six: Above A Million Stars

CHAPTER 26: Above A Million Stars.

"City lights, take me away
Now it's time we never ever look down."
-Avicii.

San Francisco skyline was simply surreal.

The view of the Golden Gate from where I was seated was absolutely magnificent. And I would have basked in that beautiful moment if it wasn't for a certain hazel eyed idiot.

I'd lost count of the girls that had walked upto him and the number of smirks he had greeted them with.

I was getting annoyed with the giggles and fake eye batting. Seriously you would think there was a fly permanently stuck in their eyes. But more than that I was a tad bit hurt that after what happened in the water he brushed it off like nothing happened. But it shouldn't bother me, nothing really did happen.

My eyes flicker from the orange sky to Luke who's back was faced to me as he stood with another one of his fangirls before a small booth where drinks were served. I could almost see the little hearts popping out of her eyes as he runs his hand through his hair, shoulders shaking with soft laughter. I wrench my gaze away from them and instead look at Will who was talking on the phone smiling, drawing mindless circles on the sand. It wasn't hard to guess who he was speaking to.

When my eyes once again betray me and move to a certain idiot I sigh. But I furrow my brows when I don't see him anywhere. Where'd he go now?

“Looking for me?”

I jump a little and swing my eyes up to meet his. He towered over me with hands on his hips, head cocked to the side, eyes swimming in amusement. The setting sun framed his silhouette in it's warm glow, hair crowning a small halo on top of his head.

An angel. That's exactly what he looked like.

“Get over yourself.” I murmur looking away from him.

“Oh trust me I would, if I didn't feel you staring at my back every time I spoke with a girl.”

When I don't reply he folds his legs and faces me.

“Giving me the silent treatment now, are we?”

When I once again don't respond he throws his hands up frustrated.

“It's not like I walked up to them.”

“You didn't have to flirt with every one of them.” I mutter under my breath hoping he doesn't hear it. But the world will stop spinning when the universe finally gives me what I want.

“I just got her a drink.” he shrugs, “She seemed pretty nice.” he looks back at booth where she was.

I scowl, quickly hefting myself on my feet and dust my shorts. “Oh sorry to keep you busy. You should go back to her.”

I don't face him when I speak instead turn on my heel to walk away from the idiot. Jesus, why was I making it so obvious? But it's not like I can help it. It shouldn't even bother me.

“Ellie..” his fingers curl around my wrist, warmth spreading to the entire length of my arm. He tugs me down to sit on the sand again, this time closer to him than I was prior seated. I still don't look at him when he speaks.