Chapter Fifty Three: Dear Diary

CHAPTER 53: Dear Diary.

"Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard."
-Coldplay

Right after Christmas we were off to Canada to meet all of our relatives. Mostly from Mum's side but a few of Dad's too cause they were fond of us. And finally my favourite cousin Vanessa. I missed her so so much. She's all married and pregnant now. I can't believe I'm gonna be an Aunt in a few months. I was so excited to spoil the kid rotten. I wish it would be a girl so I could dress her in cute dresses and do her hair. My mind was practically conjuring up Aunt dreams.

A few days away was just what I needed. Luke didn't even say goodbye, he said one to everybody except me. I was getting angry myself now, I know I always had a temper but I was patient with him, wasn't I? I wrote a freaking letter to him, wasn't that supposed to be cute? I try talking to him like a desperate pup for attention but fine! I'm done trying.

Canada was same old same old. The whiff of cold air stinging my skin was what welcomed me. Everything was flurry white and angelic, the car passed familiar streets with me pointing excitedly to my favourite spots. I wanted to cry cause I missed this place so much. This was my home once upon a time.

It brought good memories.

When we pass my old school, tears spring my eyes as I click a quick snap and send it to Lily. Her reply is instantaneous.

Bitch you home? Why the hell didn't you tell me?

Me: It was all so sudden. I'm sorry. Xoxo.

The snow crunches beneath my boots when I step out of the warm comfort of the car to face the three story house before me.

"Holy! Ryan is loaded." Will comments as he helps the driver to get our bags out. The house was big, old and dusted with snow but absolutely beautiful. Emma shivers as Mum grabs her hand and rings the doorbell beckoning us to come faster. I take one bag from Will and excitedly shuffle on my feet as I wait for Van to open the door.

Ryan opens a second later and his eyes light up when he sees us.

"Welcome Fam!" he exclaims taking the bags from us and kissing Mum's and my cheek in greeting.

"Look at you. You're all grown up." he dramatically widens his eyes at Emma who blushes and mutters a shy hello.

"You saw us at your wedding. Stop being dramatic." Will smirks making Ryan laugh.

"Ah my not-so favourite cous."

"Hey!" William pushes him playfully. They carry on their banter as I look around. The house was warm and smelled faintly of cinnamon and flowers, the living room looked cosy and there was an open modern looking kitchen and stairs leading upstairs. There were wedding pictures and snaps of when they were in high school dating, there were a few of me and Van too.

"Oh my God! You're here! My favourite cousin!" a loud shriek comes from upstairs and I see Van hurry down the stairs.

"Babe slow down. There's a bun in the oven!" Ryan frantically yells making her rolls her eyes.

"Oh shut up. I'm good." she slaps the back of his head before gathering me in her arms in a tight hug. Oh shit.

"Van." I choke out as I wrap my own arms around her. She oddly smells of baby powder.