Chapter Forty: What Do You Say?

CHAPTER 40: What Do You Say?

"We are just like the waves that flow back and forth
Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning and you're there to save me."
-Miley Cyrus.

“Wow I'm jealous.” I mumble when I take in Kelly's white sleek car. Sadly, I don't know what that beautiful thing is called because I suck at recognizing cars. But just wow! If I had that car I'd worship it everyday!

She laughs and answers modestly, “Do you want to drive?”

I widen my eyes and whip my head towards her with a barely hidden squeal, “What!? Are you serious?”

She twirls the car keys and then flings them at me already walking around to the passenger seat.

“Dead serious. Just try not killling us and getting us pulled over.”

I stand there gawking but snap out of it, my body jolting with excitement. Oh my! I'm gonna drive this beauty. I get in the driver's seat and delicately close the door. Don't wanna be too harsh. I softly click the seatbelt around me, well aware of her amused eyes on me. She rolls down the windows and fiddles with the radio before settling on a country song.

“If you hate country songs I'm throwing you out.” she spares me a glance and I shake my head.

“Love them.”

“Good. You're still my friend then.”

A laugh escapes me when I start the car.

“Oh geez. This car is smooth af.” I lick my lips and try to concentrate on the road.

“You should drive Mason's. Damn she's a real beauty. That asshole barely lets anyone touch her.”

“Mhm and to think he let you drive.”

When I give her a side glance she looks away with a smile and red on her cheeks. When we're at a red light I ask,

“What now?”

She knows I'm talking about her and Mas. She lifts her one shoulder and bites her lip.

“Um. I don't know. I think we should just let things happen. He's still Mason and I'm still Kelly and these both love to complicate shit.”

“Stop talking in third person it creeps me out. And wait where the hell am I driving to?”

“Oh I forgot to tell you. The cafe where you first met us.”

“We already missed that turn.” I complain.

She just shrugs. “Be happy. You get to drive him more.”

“Touché.” I pause “Wait it's a him?”

She gives me a flat look. “Duh. What? You think I'd name it after a girl? What is she my sister?”

"What's he called?"

When she blushes crazily I gasp. No way. "It's called Mason, isn't it?"

Her eyes bug out. "No it's Jason."

"What?" I stare at her and she blushes even more if that's even possible. Either way she pulls it off. Jason Mason.