Chapter Thirteen: No Questions Asked

CHAPTER 13: No Questions Asked.

"Your heart got a story with mine."
- Ellie Goulding.

I walk inside the school with Damon still beside me causing some heads to swivel and give us a once over. In a matter of seconds a soft murmur blows like a breeze in the long hallways. I sigh inaudibly, here people can't seem to mind their own business or maybe the lives of these two charming best friends is their business.

Damon tenses beside me and I mentally smack my forehead. He heard it.

"Does this bother you?" He whispers leaning towards my ear.

"No." I frown breathing in his sandalwood scent.

"Okay. Now tell me honestly, do you mind all these people talking about you?" He smiles a little amused and I grin.

"A bit? Yes. But it doesn't matter. Hanging out with you has it's consequences. It's already bad enough as it is with you around me but meh I can take it." I playfully nudge him and he nods his head as if he understands but then,

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" He scowls at me light-heartedly and tries to grab me but I step back and laugh loudly.

"Try to keep up." I start sprinting down the hallways towards my locker, manoeuvring my way through the piling students with Damon chasing me down. We must be looking crazy, running and laughing our heads off like this.

All of a sudden a hand grabs my arm, pushing me gently against the locker and I gasp in suprise. Damon smiles and brushes a strand of stray hair out of my face, his tight grip loosening on my arm ever so slightly. He runs his hand slowly down, leaving me squirming and locks his fingers with mine.

His eyes, God his beautiful eyes were sparkling playfully, his hair a bit unruly and his smile, his smile was as comforting as one stroke of sunlight on a cold winter day. He was sinfully beautiful, he knew it, I knew it, the whole school knew it.

His eyes up close looked so sickeningly blue, like a perfect cloudless sky blue. There should be a colour named just after his eyes. They flash with something but he quickly blinks it away and they fill with slight shyness making me raise my brow.

"Will you meet me after my practice? It won't take long, there's just something I need to ask you." He stresses out and my heart mercilessly pounds against my chest making me almost feel like it could cause serious damage to the bones.

"S-sure." My voice comes out small. He was close, but not too close to make me feel uncomfortable but close enough to evade me of all of my senses. His eyes light up and he grins widely taking a step back.

"Great. I'll see you at lunch Flower girl."

Once he walks away, I suck a deep breath and slump against the locker, still in a daze. What just happened? And what is it that he 'needs' to ask me? There's only so many surprises I can take for today. God help me throughout the long day.

"Do you mind?" A girl raises her perfect brows and points towards the locker I'm leaning against.

"Oh. I'm sorry." I laugh awkwardly stepping aside. She gives me a look that says it all and I scramble towards my locker.