Chapter Thirty: Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

CHAPTER 30: Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

"'Cause you know that I can't trust myself with my three A.M. shadow
I'd rather fuel a fantasy than deal with this alone."
-Troye Sivan.

I click the lock in it's place and press my back to the door, my breathing ragged.

It's not like I jumped from a cliff flailing my arms, it's not like I was on the top of the Eiffel tower watching the panorama of Paris.

No.

I don't know why but I felt alive in that moment than I'd ever felt in my entire life.

I felt hot all over, feeling the heart beat out of it's place, adrenaline pushing it's way through my body.

I kissed him.

His cheek technically, but I did it.

Before the embarrassment sets in, I see someone standing before me, arms crossed and head held high.

"I think it's about time you tell me what's going on, Eleanor Claire Mae Emmerson."

I cringe, swallowing loudly and nod at my best friend obediently before following her like a lost puppy outside.

"I thought you were sleeping." I mumble looking at her messed up ponytail.

"Shh. No talking until I tell you to." she orders and I roll my eyes discreetly.

"You know Mum will kill me if she finds out we're out here so late at night." I inform her and she waves her hand dismissively.

"She and Marie took the kids to the fair when you were out with a date with lover boy, so they're probably all tired and snoring the night away."

I sigh not responding. I don't think I can get myself out of this situation. I need to get it out of my chest anyways. We walk down the dimly lit street, a few cars passing us by. I was still in my pyjamas so I hope wherever she was taking me won't be so far.

She doesn't even know this place that well for Pete's sake.

She enters the park where Luke and I once came after the morning run just before my basketball match and I suppress the smile threatening to appear. How does she know it? Did he bring her here? That thought immediately makes me sulk and she notices then rolls her eyes.

"Willy showed me around."

The park was enveloped in the peaceful quiet of the night and I breathe in the cool air feeling all the tension leave my body. She directly plops down on the soft grass and I follow suit.

"I think I like Luke." I blurt out cutting straight to the chase. There's no use beating around the bush anyway.

"Mhm. I like him too, he seems like a nice guy." she muses but then gives me a confused side glance.

"Wait why are we talking about him? I thought you were going to tell me what's going on between Kelly and Mas."

Kelly and Mason? I don't ask her why she dragged us in the middle of the night just to discuss my idiot friends, I don't ask her since when they started calling each other by nicknames. I just shake my head in sheer panic and frustration.

"You don't understand Lily, I like him like him."

Her confused eyes turn wide with incredulity and I bury my face in my hands.

"Eleanor." she whispers holding my wrists in a commanding grip.

"Say it again."

"I like Luke. Like him more than just a friend."