Chapter Thirty Five: Stay

CHAPTER 35: Stay.

"You're painting me a dream that I
Wouldn't belong in."
-Rita Ora.

When I come out of the locker room all the people who I've grown close to call my family are standing there with a proud grin stuck on their faces. I gasp in surprise when Charlie picks me off my feet and spins me around.

"My girl! You kicked thier asses!"

I laugh as he puts me down with a grin.

Morgan is a little more laid back than Charlie. Madison and Roxy squeal and go on about how we should celebrate and Mason grins before giving me a fist bump and ruffling my hair, telling me how amazing the game was. The only person missing here is Damon.

"Ella!" Emma yells, as she comes running to me as fast as her little feet would let her. I pick her up and tickle her sides and she giggles and kisses my cheek.

"You kicked thier ass Ella!" Emma screams and Morgan gasps while Charlie hollers, egging her on.

Ugh. She still hasn't got over saying that.

I widen my eyes and put a hand over her mouth. "Shh! Don't say that in front of Mum."

She giggles while nodding vigorously and keeps her finger on her lips murmuring a 'Shh!'

I put her down and Charlie sweeps her in his arms and I throw them a worried look. He's going to spoil her one day.

"That throw was amazing sis!" William strolls in and gives me a high five.

"I'm so proud of you baby!" Mum pulls me in for a hug and I sigh in her arms. Home.

"My turn!" Luke grabs my arm and engulfs me in his warm body, his hold strong and secure.

"You were amazing Ellie. I'm so proud of you." my heart flutters inside my chest and I smile in his arms feeling as though I've won the whole world.

"Thank you Luke."

I pull back and let my eyes roam all over his face. He definitely looks better than he did this afternoon but he still looks tired and a little sick.

"I told you to take rest. Not to come and watch my match." I softly admonish. I needed him here today but his health will always be my first priority.

"I'm your cheerleader remember? I promised I'll always cheer for you." I softly laugh when I recall the conversation we had months ago in his car.

"Didn't see any pompoms Luke." I tease and he narrows his eyes playfully before ruffling my hair.

"Don't get greedy."

We both laugh and my eyes catch Mum's as she watches us with a smile on her face.

"Should we leave?" I ask him and he shrugs.

Kelly fusses over Luke and I leave them alone and walk towards Charlie.

"Don't spoil my little sister Charles. I swear if she starts talking like you my mum will kill me!"