Chapter 21

I stood patiently at the desk at the hotel we had stayed at last time in LA, my fingers tapped on the desk over and over as my head was rested on my spare hand as I waited for someone to come.

"Come on." I said as I pressed my finger on the bell multiple times.

A small short woman came rushing out from around the corner, she looked at me and smiled and stopped at the front. She let out a loud sigh. "Sorry, have you been waiting long?"

I laughed. "Only twenty minutes."

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry, it's hectic here today." She said while sighing again, leaning her palms on the desk. She looked exhausted so I didn't see the need of giving her anymore of a hard time. "How can I help?"

"A friend of mine stayed at this hotel a while ago, she called yesterday and wanted me to ask if a bracelet had been picked up by lost and found." I said as she sent me small nods.

"Okay. Well I can help, but it's company policy that we actually contact the owner of the piece of lost property. So if you could just write down the woman's contact details, just so we can call and make sure she was a resident at this hotel and check the dates and things, then I'll go out back and check that for you." She smiled, sing her hands to gesture almost everything she said.

"Oh right, that's fine." I said as she slid a piece of paper over to me and a pen. I pulled out my phone and wrote her name and mobile number and gave it back.

"Okay, well you can either stand here and let your legs ache or you can go and take a seat over there." She said pointing to the lobby area, sending me a weak smile as she did.

"Thanks."

I made my way over to the lobby and sat down, looking around at the familiar surroundings, the only thing that had changed is there wasn't loads of girls waiting at the doors for the boys to come out.

As I looked around, my phone started to ring. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the caller ID, it was Luke. I slid it open and held it to my ear.

"Hello." I said dragging the end of the word.

"Hello, babe," He replied. "Help me, I'm bored."

I laughed. "Me too, you know having to wait for twenty minutes to get service at this hotel was really fun."

"You're still there? Well, try this. I'm at a meeting and we've been waiting in the waiting room for two hours, the meeting hasn't even fucking started."

"Wow, sounds like such fun."

"Really is, it's also really fun listening to Daniel complain about his sore bum from you and Beau last night." He chuckled.

"Mhm, one of you'll kiss it better later." I laughed, as did he.

"Oh, I've got to go. Meetings finally starting. I'll see you later, bye." He said singing the word 'bye'.

"Alright, bye." I said back, just as I went to hang up and pull my phone away I heard Luke quickly say, "I love you." But I accidentally hung up so I had to message him it.

I sat there for another twenty minutes or so, then finally the woman called me over to the desk. As I got there, I could see a shiny bracelet in her hand so I knew it had been found.

"Here we are, thanks for coming." She said and that was all.

I took the bracelet and left the hotel, calling Jess' mum as I did so to let her know I had it. She gave me her address and asked if I could go and get it posted to her at her home, of course I said yes and went off and got it all done.