Chapter 30

The next day, I was ready to travel to the airport. Gina and I had breakfast in the café before driving there. When we arrived, knowing Luke was waiting inside made me excited and anxious, Gina was overly happy about it as she could see him quickly. We made our way from the car to the entrance, as bodies pushed past us. It was busy this morning, which I didn't exactly expect early on a Wednesday.

"He's waiting near customer services, so let's book you in and make our way over there." She said as we walked together at the check in.

After going through check in and baggage, we made our way up the stairs, I was becoming even more nervous, which I had no idea why. I had enjoyed my time back in Australia even though it wasn't for a good reason and I wasn't here long. Now I had to go back for a time I wasn't even sure how long, to just wait for something to look up with my dad. Luke was so lucky he had such a loving mum, not a psychopath like mine.

As we small talked she said she was upset she wasn't coming with us, I agreed. As we walked up the stairs, Gina slightly squeezed my arm in excitement. We walked ahead and became in sight, I could see the back of Luke. His brown hair scruffy while he wore jogging bottoms and a hoodie, the same as I. Gina ran straight away, rushing towards him and spinning him around by his arm, his eyes widened and they engulfed each other in a huge hug. Luke's eyes flickered up and met mine, I sent him a warm smile before making my way to join them.

After hugging his mum, he rushed towards me and pulled me into him, holding the back of my body as he did so. "I've missed you so much." He cooed in my ear.

"I've missed you too." I said rubbing his back. I soon pushed him off gently as Gina was waiting to probably squeeze the life out of him once more.

She watched us for a moment as Gina spoke to him and Luke kept looking at me, "I've missed you too mum." He told her as I could tell she was getting extremely emotional from seeing him again. I felt slightly guilty that I was trying to avoid going back to America at a point as Gina would kill to be in my position to spend time with the boys. I tried to stay back while they had their moment together as I knew I had fourteen hours on a plane to speak to Luke, Gina had merely even fourteen minutes.

"How have you been? How's the boys? Can you tell them I love them?" She rushed as Luke laughed slightly.

"I've been fine, they're fine and yes, I'll tell them." He reassured her.

"I can't believe I have to leave." She pouted sadly. "Take care of yourselves." She said to us. "Take care of my boys for me, April, you'll be the woman of the house."

I laughed. "I will."

They exchanged hugs and goodbyes a large amount of times before Gina left, while crying her eyes out.

Luke and I walked beside each other merely speaking. It shouldn't be this way as I knew I had left on bad terms, but I thought we had sorted this. I was soon reassured we were fine when he wrapped his hand into mine. "We are at Gate Six. We really should make our way down there." Luke told me.

I nodded and followed his lead, feeling as if there was a slight bad atmosphere. "Is something wrong?" I asked him. He turned around and crossed his head. "It seems like there is?"

"I just really want to get on the plane," He smiled. "So we can catch up properly." I felt his hand squeeze mine slightly, probably to reassure me that he was fine.

I watched our intwined hands held in eachother, the way his hand gripped mine and how he kept running his thumb against mine every so often. "Are you okay?" Luke asked, catching my stare.

"Yeah, of course." I said as we queued up for the plane.

"We're matching today." He grinned, commenting on our same taste outfits with joggers and jumpers.