Chapter 2

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I woke up to Jack talking.
"Mark it's your turn," Jack whispered. I heard Mark roll over.
"What?" Mark moaned loudly.
"Shhh... your gonna wake (Y/N)" Jack whispered.
"Don't worry, I'm already awake and I'll go out Mark."
"Are you sure? I can do it." Mark asked, sitting up.
"I got it," I said as I grabbed a camo jacket and walked outside. 

I walked to the table and grabbed a pistol and a headlight. I put the headlight on and walked to the fence for a while. I yawned as I looked at my watch, it was 3 in the morning.

I was walking around the gate, suddenly Jack jumped up in front of me, I screamed as I fell down "Oh I'm so sorry" Jack said as he helped me up.
"Why did you do that," I yelled at him, as I wiped the dust off me.
"I didn't mean to make you fall. I'm sorry," Jack said, scratching the back of his neck.
I sighed "I'm sorry for yelling, what are you even doing out here? I'm on night shift or whatever you call it." I asked walking down the fence line.
"I thought you could use some help," Jack said walking up to next me, holding a shotgun.
"I don't need help. I can handle thing on my own." I sighed, looking around outside.
"Well, c-company n-not help." Jack stuttered, then sighed. After a while we didn't talk, we just kept walking.
"So how have you been for the last couple of years?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence.
"Oh, I guess I've.. been kinda lonely...without you," Jack admitted, looking at the ground, whilst blushing.

I was kinda shocked. Jack still cares about me? I guess Mark was right. I thought

"And that reminds me, I'm sorry for how I acted all those years ago. I know it was a long time ago, but this is the first time I've seen you since." Jack said.
"Jack do even realize what you said?" I looked up at him.
"You said you hated me and wished you never met me." I looked away "I don't even know what I did, all I said was 'I'm going to hang out with my friends.' and you got super mad at me. So I just left and never came back." I said walking ahead of him.

Something grabbed my wrist, I stopped, turned and looked, knowing it was Jack, I stared at him, waiting for him to explain. 

"I know, the last time you saw me, I was a jerk. I didn't even know what I was saying. I never meant to hurt you. I was only mad because I got bad news from my family and I was upset. I wanted to hang out with you but you had plans and then I started the argument ... I'm sorry., I didn't mean to make you leave. You have to forgive me." Jack said looking at me.

I look back at him

"Ok, I forgive you. But we are NOT in a relationship. I wanna make sure you're ready before we start again IF we start again." I said.
"Can we at least be friends?" Jack asked. He looked down.
"Who said we weren't?" I asked.

Jack looked up at me, with hope in his ocean blue eyes. He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same.

"We should really get back to keeping patrol," I said after a while.
"Yeah" Jack agreed as we unwrapped our arms from each other. I continued walking forward, while Jack went back we came from.

JACK'S P.O.V

I parted ways with (Y/N). I really wanted to kiss her right then and there, but she would have gotten mad if I did, so I didn't God do I love her. Why did I make her leave, Why couldn't I have handled what I said? I thought to myself. The plain flooded into my head.

I was walking around the other side of the camp when I heard (Y/N) scream and hear a distant zombie groan.
"(Y/N)!!" I yelled and took off running for the other side of the camp. When I saw her, I lifted my gun. 

Not a single zombie in sight, I ran up to (Y/N).

"(Y/N), are you okay?" I asked, panting.
"Yeah, I'm fine." (Y/N) said, looking at me weirdly.
"Then why did you yell?" I asked looking down at her I was 5'10 and she was (Y/H). I panted some more.
"Just a Walker. It ran into the fence and scared me." (Y/N) explained, she pointed at the dead zombie on the ground "Oh..". She looked behind me then back to me, pointing. "Did you run all the way over here?" She asked
"Yeah, and that zombie... found some friends," I said pointing at the fence. 

More and more zombies were appearing from the darkness (Y/N) looked over 

"We can handle them," (Y/N) exclaimed, but then they started breaking down the wall.
"Go get Mark! I'll cover you!" I ordered as I pushed (Y/N) in the direction of the RV.