Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning, the sun was shining through the windows. I then realized that Jack was sleeping next to me, his arm was on my shoulder. I sat up and saw Mark in his own bed. I yawned and stretched, carefully not hitting Jack.

I jumped over Jack and landed next to the bed. I landed softly, barely making a noise. My leg spread with pain because of my cut but it didn't start bleeding. I changed into some good clothes and got up and went to the shelves, I opened them. Canned beans, Canned beans, Canned beans. And guess what? More Canned Beans.

Is that ALL they got? I thought to myself. I moved some cans and nothing but beans. I couldn't eat beans. I'm allergic.

Where are the cookies I baked yesterday? Wait a minute I left the cookies out... With Jack around? I don't even to look for them! They're gone. I thought for a while and got an idea. I put on a camo jacket, putting my hair in a hair tie

I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and wrote: Dear Mark.. I was interrupted. He looked around and saw me, "Where are you off to?" He asked leaning up.

"Im going to do find some food," I replied looking at him.
"We have food here though," He said as he got up stretching.
"Yes, beans. Jack, don't you remember? I'm allergic to beans" I said as I looked down at the paper.
"Oh yeah. I'm coming then." Jack exclaimed as he grabbed some clothes to go change.
"Why? You're not allergic. I can find my own food." I reminded him.
"But what if you get surrounded by zombies and have no way of escaping? Or what if you get suffocated again like last night?" Jack asked looking over at me.
I sighed "Fine you can come." I said rolling my eyes. He went and changed into his clothes. I looked back at the note and continued writing it:

Dear Mark,

Jack and I went looking for food. All you have are beans and I'm allergic to beans. I know. Much luck. Anyway, we'll be back before 5.

-(Y/N)

I put the note on the table, Jack grabbed his camo jacket and put it on. "Let's go," Jack said as he walked out. I followed him and grabbed my bag that was underneath the table. Jack grabbed his assault rifle. My bag included a machete, first aid kit, an assault rifle, a pistol and some water.

"And let's try to make this quick, please," I said as we walked through the gate and outside, Jack closed the gate.
"Is there a town around here?" I ask
"Yeah there is, but it's kinda far away," Jack replied
"How far?" I ask. I didn't want to be out for very long.
"It'll take about 10 minutes to get there by walking" Jack explained.

But I wasn't paying attention until I heard some strange movement to my right. I looked around and stopped. Jack paused and looked at me.

"(Y/N)?" Jack asked. 

I didn't respond. I pulled out my pistol and pointed it at the bushes. Jack stared at the bushes, he pulled his assault rifle out.

The bushes started moving, rapidly, I kept staring at the bushes, not moving.

Them something rammed into my side. Whatever it was, it landed on top of me. I looked at what it was. Only then did I realize, it was Jack.

"Jack!" I tried shouting at him, but he covered my mouth. "Shh.." Jack said. He took his hand off my mouth and got up. I got up and only then did I realize that there was a horde of zombies, in front of us. We crouched down.

"Do we run back to camp, run to the town or shoot them?" I whispered in Jack's ear. He was clearly in charge.

"We'll sneak past them, if they see us we'll kill them," He whispered back. I nodded as we started walking around the horde.