Chapter 40

YOUR P.O.V

It was fun to play the waiter for Sam's Date...

She looked like she was enjoying it. Once Sam and Ethan ran off to the meadow, Jack and I went back home.

We were walking down the street until I heard a groan. Jack and I both stopped. I looked around and saw them, zombies were running down the road. There were two small differences about them,

These ones were faster....and uglier...

I grab Jack's hand and take off running down the streets. We turned down a road and headed for the meadow.

"SAM! ETHAN! GET OUT OF THE MEADOW NOW!" I yelled.

Jack and I ran into the meadow, but only to get surrounded by zombies. We stand in one circle as the zombies surrounded us.

I put out my crossbow and Jack pulls out his assault rifle.

I start shooting the zombies, a few arrows going through more than one zombies. Jack started shooting making less than half of the zombies die before he reloaded.

A zombie was creeping up behind Jack, I quickly turn and shoot it, the arrow shot through the zombie's chest and into the next couple zombies behind it.

Then a zombie jumped on my back, I elbowed its side and it jumped off. I kicked it down and shot its head, I pull the arrow out of the ground as Jack grabs my arm and runs towards Ethan and Sam.

We started running and dodging zombies, but a zombie was looming over them. I aim and shoot the zombie, the arrow flung back. Sam turned around and saw us, Sam turned around and saw us, I helped her up.

"What do we do?" Sam asks.

The zombies were getting closer, I put an arm in front of Sam and Ethan, I look at them and they look at me.

"You guys go, me and Jack will fight them off," I said getting my machete out.

"Are you sure," Sam and Ethan say at the same time.

"Yes, go!" I yell as Sam and Ethan take off running. Some zombies were running behind them,  I got an arrow out and shot the zombies in a row. Then I suddenly fell face first on the ground. I turn on my back, a zombie was holding onto my shoe.

"(y/n)!" I heard Jack yell. I kicked the zombie with my other foot. It finally let go and I was getting ready to put my shoe back on. I finally have done that and got back up but to be then pushed back down.

Zombies were piling on top of me. I screamed as I heard gunshots, I closed my eyes and clenched my teeth.

Am I going to die? Is this the end? Is this how I'm going to die?

Thoughts roamed my head as I heard fate screams and groans.

Am I going to meet my family again? Will Dan and Signe be happy? How will Jack feel?

As soon as that thought came to mind, I started pushing the zombies off me. I groaned as I push them off me with all my force. I pushed the zombies back a little, they were in a circle around me.

I took my machete and spun in a circle cutting the zombies in half. When I stopped, I face Jack. His mouth was wide open and I saw amazement in his eyes. My shoulder hurt, but I didn't check it.

"(y/n)!" Jack yelled in excitement and dropped his gun and ran over to me. Still kind of limping from his leg,  but he still ran.

I dropped my machete and held my arms open wide. As soon as Jack touched me, he lifted me off the ground and spun me around. I held on as tight as he spun. He finally stopped spinning but he still hugged me, tight.