Chapter 2

Luna's POV

The rest of the day went smoothly.  Devin and I talked with my father after changing into dry clothes. He was a bit hesitant to talk about Hogwarts around Devin seeing as they're a muggle. I assured him they knew about the wizarding world and wouldn't tell a soul.  That got him a bit angry with me for telling him that I was a witch, but he got over and told us about the school.

"They're four houses: Gryffindor,  Ravenclaw,  Hufflepuff and Slytherin. I am the head of Slytherin, also the potions teacher. Your house will be like family.  Each have their own little tower with dormitories and a single common room. Students aren't allowed to walk around the castle at night.  Nor go into the dark forest."

"What house was you and my mom in?" I asked curiously. 

 Sev frowned the mention of my mom. "She was in Gryffindor and I was in Slytherin."

"I hope I'm in Slytherin. It sounds cooler." 

My father smiled while Devin shook his head.

"But there is something else I need to talk to you about. This HAS to be in private though. You can tell Devin some details after but there is one part that has to be kept secret."

 We looked at him confused. Devin patted my shoulder before walking away.  We were sitting over in the corner of the yard on lawn chairs. Sev took a deep breath, taking my hands in his.

"Luna, what I'm about to tell you is very serious. The beginning you cannot,  I repeat,  CANNOT tell Devin.  It's not safe for him to know. The last part you can." He looked at me with a serious look. 

I nodded.

"Before you were born,  a dark wizard named Voldemort rose to power. He made an army.  His followers are called Death Eaters. Voldemort killed anyone who got in his way or didn't follow him. Y-your mother was one of those people who stood against him. Now your mother and I weren't together. It was a one night stand.  She was married to someone named James Potter. One night,  Voldemort broke into their home and killed them. There is something else.  A year after you were born,  your mother had a kid with James, your half-brother.  He somehow survived Voldemort and lives today. He should be attending Hogwarts this year. His name is Harry Potter."

I sat in shock, taking in all of the new information. My father stared at me, trying to decipher my expression. I don't know what I feel. My emotions were all mixed together in a giant pot, popping up one by one like it was boiling water. 

"Wow. Um, I don't know what to say."

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm sad that my mother is dead.  I don't know... happy that my brother made it out...  Does he know about me?"

My father shook his head.

"No, he does not.  The only people who know are the head master Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall. and those two are the only one who will know that Harry is your brother and that I'm your father. "

He last words shocked me.

"You don't want anyone to know I'm your daughter?"

"It's safer for you this way.  If Voldemort returns, you cannot be connected to me. Also, I don't know if any of the kids would pick on you for being related to me. I know you might not like the idea,  but please don't let anyone know."

I nodded, a bit angry he doesn't want to anyone to know. He smiled.

"I should get going. I need to start setting up your room." He said standing.