Chapter 10

Luna's pov

I jumped out of the cab, excited to be back in America. I know how to get everywhere in this town, meanwhile, back in England, I was completely lost and always had someone with. When I owled my cousin the day I was arriving, she said that my two cousins would be over playing in the pool and that Devin would be over to welcome me back. The driver helped me get my stuff out and onto the sidewalk. I paid and tipped him, before heading to the backyard. I could hear the splashing and talking of my cousins. I sighed, opening the gate. My two dogs stared barking and running towards me.

"OSCAR! MAX!" I screamed, dropping to one knee. They both sniffed me to see who I was, before attacking me with kisses. Max tried to crawl up my leg to lick my face.

"Ive missed you guys too," I giggled.

"Not going to say hi to your best friend? Or is Malfoy your new best friend?" Devin teased.

Looking up, I spotted him sitting at the patio table. His feet were up on the table as he reclined in the shade.

"Dumbledore is my new best friend." I smiled.

Devin shook their head, before running over.

I stood up and hugged them.  "Ive missed you!"

"Ive missed you too."

"I thought I told you to not make any new friends?" Devin scolded, as we pulled away.

"Hey, I didn't try. It just happened." I smiled at my goofy friend.

"Well drop his ass."

I bursted out laughing. "I'm telling him you said that."

Devin smirked. "Do it. Owl him right now."

I shook my head, pulling out a piece of parchment.

"We're you sending my letters on actual parchment? I thought it was just dirty from the traveling," Devin asked, looking at the paper.

I nodded, grabbing a pen. "I was using quill and ink, but I couldn't bring my ink pot."

Devin looked amazed. "Cool! I want to go to that school."

I smiled and nodded.

To Draco the idiot,

I am back in Murica. Devin scolded me for getting a new friend and told me to drop your ass. They wanted me to owl you right away to tell you.

Love,

Your bestest friend in the whole wide wizarding world

I folded the parchment and slipped in inside an envelope, before getting out Crow. My cousins ran over, curious.

"Is that your pet owl?" They asked.

"Yup, his name is Crow."  I gave the letter to the bird.

"Okay, Crow. Deliver this to Draco Malfoy." The bird took the letter and flew off.

July 27th

I sat in a kitchen chair with a towel wrapped around my shoulder. My cousin slipped on the gloves, making sure they were on fully and securely.

"You sure Severus will be okay with this?" She asked.

I nodded. "If he's not, I'll dye it back, but I'm sure it will be fine."

"Well here we go."

I felt a plop of cold bleach on my head. An hour and a half later, I was sitting in the same chair with the same towel.