Chapter 61

I was taken to the hospital wing.  Before I was knocked out, I asked for a simple request.

"Don't do anything to my cuts or anything that would scar,  please.  I want the memories of how tough you had to be to survive this."

 Madame Pompfrey raised a brow but said nothing. I was given a brew to be knocked out.

I awoke to a bunch of voices. There was Fudge, Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Harry.  I opened my eyes slightly and looked around. Crowded around Harry was the Weasleys, Hermione, and a black dog-Sirius. I internally sighed. That man is ridiculous. I looked around and saw Snape standing in front of my bed. Draco was sitting next to me, watching the scene. No one noticed I was awake.

"...Lucius Malfoy-" I watched my father shift ever so slightly as his best friend was mentioned. Draco's grip tightened on my hand that he was holding. I closed my eyes when Sev's eyes shifted towards me. I pretended to be asleep still. The Minister and Dumbledore went back and forth. I watched through slit eyes.  My eyes shot open at my father's next actions. He looked over at me before walking forward. He rolled up his left sleeve. Fudge cringed as he looked down at my father's arm.

"There," My father harshly spat. My eyes were staring wide-eyed at his arm. Draco stared at me shocked and worried, noticing I was awake. The Dark Mark was dark and full on my father's arm. He was one of them. He was a Death Eater. Just like Lucius. Tears boiled up in my eyes. I felt betrayed and lied too.

"There. The Dark Mark. It is not as clear as it was an hour or so ago, when it burned black, but you can still see it. Every Death Eater had the sign burned into him by the Dark Lord. It was a means of distinguishing one another, and his means of summoning us to him. When he touched the Mark of any Death Eater, we were to Disapparate, and Apparate, instantly as his side. This Mark has been clearer all year. Karkaroff's too. Why do you think Karkaroff fled tonight? We both felt the Mark burn. We both knew he had returned. Karkaroff fears the Dark Lord's vengeance. He betrayed too many of his fellow Death Eaters to be sure of a welcome back into the fold." 

Fudge stepped back. My eyes were still on his arm. How could he have kept this from me? How could all of them keep this from me?

Fudge talked with Dumbledore for a few more minutes before turning to Harry and me.

"You tied. Here are your winnings." He tossed each a bag of galleons. Only then did everyone notice I was awake and aware.

"Luna..." My father began. 

I held up a hand. "No." 

Dumbledore barked out orders I didn't care to hear.

"Sirius- you may return to your human form." Sirius turned from dog to human. Mrs. Weasley screamed.

"Sirius Black!" Ron calmed her down while I giggled quietly.

"You do that so calmly. One moment a cute dog- oh well, would you look at that you're a man now," I said quietly

"Mr. Malfoy, would you mind stepping outside for a moment?" Dumbledore asked Draco. He nodded and looked at me. I looked away. With a frown on his cute face, he walked out of the hospital.

"What is he doing here?" Snape snarled at Sirius. The two glared at each other.

"He is here on an invitation from me. You two need to set aside your differences and past problems. Shake hands." The two continued staring at each other before slowly walking forward and shaking hands. They quickly let go. Sirius walked over to me.

"How are you little Snape?"

"Eh, I've been better." We smiled at each other before hugging. "I've missed you, Uncle Sirius."