Chapter 9

Luna's pov

The rest of the year went by fast. Turns out, Quirrell had Voldemort on the back of his head. That was a shock. I didn't see that one coming.

Everyone was at the last dinner of the year. Tomorrow morning everyone would leave for home. I'm sad that I was leaving Draco, but I was spending summer back in America. Draco and I walked into the Great Hall. Slytherin flags hung from the ceiling.

"Did we win the house cup?" I asked as we sat down. Crabbe and Goyle plopped down on the bench across from us.

"I think so," Draco spoke sadly.  This was something to be celebrating.

"Whats wrong?" I asked concerned.

"You're leaving me for the summer. If you stayed here, we could hang out. But no you have to go back to America." Draco pouted.

I smiled sadly at the young boy.  "Ill be back in 3 or so months. We can write everyday like I have been doing with Devin."

Draco nodded, wrapping an arm around me. I scooted closer and hugged him. Pulling away, I placed my head on his shoulder as Dumbledore stood up.

"Another year gone! And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were...you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts. Now, as I understand it, the House cup here needs awarding, and the points thus stand." It went deadly silent.

"In fourth place: Gryffindor, with three hundred and twelve points." We all clapped.

"In third: Hufflepuff with three hundred and fifty-two." Clap clap.

"Second place: Ravenclaw had four hundred and twenty-six." More clapping.

"Slytherin in first with four hundred and seventy-two."

The entire table started cheering. I wrapped my arms around Draco happily. He hugged me back, kissing my head.

"Woo!" I shouted.

Dumbledore laughed. I looked at Snape. He was smiling proud.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However..."

We all went quiet. Snape looked at the headmaster with a 'What the fuck you doing old man' face.

"However, recent events must be taken into account."

My smile dropped.

"I have a few last minute points to give out." Oh no.

"First, to Ronald Weasley for the best game of Wizards chest we have seen in a long time, 50 points to Gryffindor."

Gryffindor's cheered on their housemate.

"Next, to Hermione Granger, for the use of cool logic in the face of fire. Another 50 points to Gryffindor."

I looked up sadly at Draco. I knew what was going to happen. He looked heartbroken.

"Third, to Harry Potter for pure nerve and outstanding courage. 60 points to Gryffindor."

They tied with Slytherin. I was getting angry.

"There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award 10 points to Mr. Neville Longbottom."

The Gryffindor's started celebrating. I glared at the hugging kids.

"I believe a change in decoration is in order." Dumbledore clapped his hands.