Chapter 17

While we were in the kitchen, I grabbed some food for in the morning, so I could sleep in and no worry about not getting breakfast. Harry and Ron helped us sneak back to the dungeons, before continuing their mission. Draco and I stayed up for another hour talking while he ate, before crawling into bed.  I laid down in the middle of the bed as Draco returned from changing.

"Good night," I teased, snuggling into the blankets.

"No, scoot it over."

I smiled up at him. "I think I'll stay here." 

"Then you leave me no choice but to do this." Draco crawled onto the bed and laid on top of me.

"Draco." I started laughing.

He nuzzled his head into my neck. I laughed louder as his breath tickled my neck. "Get off of me."

"No, if you are going to lay in the middle of the bed, I'm going to lay on you."

"Ill move."

Draco looked up at me. "Promise?"

I nodded. "I promise."

He rolled off of me onto his side, so he didn't fall off the bed. I moved over so he had space. When he got comfortable, I rolled back towards him and cuddled into his side.

"I'm cold." I rested my head on his chest and a hand on his stomach. He sighed tiredly, placing an arm around me.

"Nice to meet you cold, I'm Draco."

I lightly smacked his stomach. "I thought you were rich Draco Malfoy pure-blood."

Draco's chest vibrated as he chuckled. "Sure. Goodnight, princess."

I froze at his pet name. I opened my mouth to say something but noticed he was already asleep.

"Goodnight, handsome."

......

The next morning, Draco shook me awake.

"Luna! Come on! We over slept! We have 10 minutes till class."

My eyes shot open.

"Jesus fucking christ."

I raced around the room changing, not really caring that Draco could see. Grabbing the two apples I got from the kitchen last night, tossing one to Draco, I grabbed my bag.

"Leggo," I said, walking out the door.

He stood in slight shock, blinking on an eight count,  before following. We ran across the castle to class, arriving with a minute to spare.

"I wonder if you have mail today," I pondered.

Draco looked at me confused. He was cut off in his response by class starting.

....

Mail time rolled around and I waited in anticipation. I saw a slightly familiar black bird.  It was the bird Lucius owled me for dinner. A red envelope dropped in front of Draco.

He stared at it confused, before realizing what it was. The whole Slytherin table was watching.

"Open it, Malfoy.  Don't be a scaredy cat." A brave first year shouted.  Draco glared.

"Was that really necessary?  How would you react if you got a howler? Open your mind before your mouth," I snapped. 

The kid coward into his seat. I smirked, turning back to Draco. He gulped and slowly reached for the red paper.  The entire room was watching silently.  Some people whispered to each other. I scooted a little over,  braising myself. 

"DRACO MALFOY, HOW DARE YOU!  YOU DID NOTHING BUT HOW DARE YOU!  Lucius, what's something I could yell at Draco for?" Narcissa's voice boomed.  Draco jumped. When her words registered,  he looked at me, alarmed. Another voice spoke up,  stopping him from speaking.

"I don't kno- are you sending him a howler?" Lucius.

"Yes,  Luna wanted me too. Wait!  This is still... Fizznuts... Sorry Luna.  You're on your own. Anyway... DRACO HOW DARE YOU... um... HOW DARE YOU NOT HAVE ALREADY INVITED LUNA OVER FOR CHRISTMAS BREAK. I'M SURE IT WILL BE FINE WITH SEV- HER FATHER!  WE NEED TO GET TO KNOW LUNA.  AFTERALL, SHE IS YOUR FUTURE GIRLFRIEND SLASH WIFE AND OUR FUTURE DAUGHTER IN LAW.  PLUS SHE IS OUR GODDAUGHTER.  YOU... YOU... YOU ARE GROUNDED.  NO FLYING- you on the quidditch team.  NO-"

Lucius spoke up. "No Luna."

Both of our faces were beet red. I wanted them to send a howler to embarrass Draco, not me!

"Yes. NO LUNA.  PROFESSOR SNAPE, I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME. ENFORCE THIS.  DRACO IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE 12 CENTIMETERS FROM LUNA!  THANK YOU. Lucius, honey,  have anything to say?"

"HI STUDENTS OF HOGWARTS. PURE BLOODS, HALF BLOODS AND MUDBLOODS. SEVERUS, YOU STINK! Also Draco be expecting letter from me.  Oh and GRYFINDORS YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE. SLYTHERIN FOREVER. I think I've let my cool out long enough."

Everyone watched the letter fell to the table. I cleared my throat, still blushing.

"That's not what I was expecting."

Draco abruptly stood up and stormed out. Everyone's gaze turned to me.  I looked out the corner of my eye to see my father looking at me amused,  trying to hold back laughter. I silently gathered up the letter, before standing. As I was walking towards the door,  my father yelled after me.

"REMEMBER!  12 CENTIMETERS APART."

"YOU'RE NOT MY DAD." I stopped in the door way.  "Shit... he is my dad." Shrugging, I ran off to find Draco.

*EDITED*