Chapter 55

The next few weeks flew by. They were normal, as normal goes for a school of magic that is. One day, my father pulled fourth years and older Slytherins aside to talk.

"I don't know how many of you are aware of the events that are traditional in the Triwizard Tournament, but the Yule Ball is approaching. It will take place on Christmas Day at eight o' clock till midnight. The Yule Ball is an opportunity for us to socialize with our guests here at Hogwarts. The ball is open to fourth years and up. But if you choose, you may invite a younger student. Yes, I said invite. The Yule Ball is a dance. Just because it is a dance does not mean that we will stop enforcing the standards of behavior we expect from you." 

I looked over at Draco and wiggled my eyebrows. He smiled and let out a silent laugh.

"In the upcoming weeks, we will meet in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom to learn the opening dance. Luna, it is a tradition that the champions start off the dance. I will let you know more details about the dance...dance lessons soon." 

The bell rang and we were dismissed.

As I was walking out of the dungeons, Draco ran up and snagged my hand.

"So...Yule Ball, huh?"

"Yeah...sounds fun, I guess."

"Well, you'll have to go. You're a champion."

"I will. I'll have to bring a date..."

"I wonder who you will take?"

"Eh, I was thinking my stuffed bunny? I think he will make a great date." 

Draco pouted. "No!" He said like a little kid refusing to take a nap. 

I shot him a smirk. "Well, I guess, I'll just have to wait for the right guy to ask me." 

I let go of his hand and walked off to find Hermione. I found her walking with Ginny.

"Granger, Weasley," I shouted after them. 

They stopped and turned around.

"Snape." 

 I walked up to them and threw an arm over each of their shoulders. "So, the dance coming up. Hermione, which prince are you hoping will swoop down and take your arm?"

"Well, I would like to keep my arm."

I looked at her blankly, stopping. Sighing, I facepalmed. "You know what I fucking mean, you little sarcastic shit!" 

I slapped her arm. Ginny let out a laugh.

"I don't know..." Hermione looked down at the ground as we started walking again.

"Oh, Ron. That's cool!" 

Hermione's head shot up to look at me. "Stop that! It's weird!

 Ginny smirked. "If she didn't, I would've. It's so obvious you like him. My brother is just oblivious." 

Hermione started to turn red.  "I hate you both!"

 I hugged her shoulders. "You love us, don't deny that too!" 

She shoved me off. "Get your slithery self away from me." 

I gasped. "For your information...I have no clue where I am going with this!" 

The two Gryffindors laughed.

"Has Draco asked you?" 

I shook my head and explained what happened before I met up with them.

"You literally just left him there?" Hermione giggled.

"Well, he has two feet and legs. He can walk!"

"Do I have two feet and legs? I didn't know!" A voice behind me spoke. Draco. His arms snaked around my waist.

"We will catch up with you later." Ginny winked as the two ran off.

"Wait! Don't leave me with him!" I joked, reaching out to them.

Draco walked up next to me instead of behind me.

"So, Miss. Snape."

"So, Mr. Malfoy."

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the Yule Ball with me?" 

I placed a finger on my chin. "Hmm, sure!"

"Sure?"

"Sure means fuck yes, you are my boyfriend, who else would I go with." 

He grinned. "Well, good." 

I let out an airy laugh and looked at him. "You are adorable, you know that?"

"I am not adorable. I am manly." 

More than an airy laugh erupted from my lips. The sound boomed through the halls.

"You're cute." I walked away from him.

...

A week later, all of the Slytherins able to go to the ball met up in the Defense Against the Dark Arts room. The tables were cleared away so there was a space. Girls sat on one side and boys on the other.

"Today you will learn the opening dance. The champions will start it, then everyone can slowly start joining in with their partners." My father's voice drawled out. He looked like he would rather be doing anything else but this. Draco was sitting across from me, whispering to Blaise. "I was going to ask Luna to help me demonstrate but it seems Mr. Malfoy already knows the dance, as he is talking when he should be paying attention."

Draco's head snapped towards his godfather. "What?"

"Up!" Draco slowly stood, sputtering, trying to get out words.

"B-b-but. W-w-what?"

"Draco will represent the female."

 I covered my mouth as I laughed quietly. Draco looked so shocked and confused. Everyone was holding back laughter. Malfoy walked up and stood in front of my father.

"Place one hand on my shoulder." Blaise broke. He slid out of his chair, laughing. "Mr. Zabini! Would you like to trade places with Draco?"

 I snorted in the middle of laughing as Blaise froze and shot back into his chair. We all watched as Draco slowly placed a hand on the professor's shoulder. Sev grabbed his hand and placed a hand on his waist. 

"Follow my lead."

"Are you sure Luna can't help dem-" My father cut him off by starting to dance. Draco struggled to keep up. Sev soon got fed up with his feet being stepped on.

"Sit down. Luna, come up here please." 

I stopped laughing. "But I don't like dancing!"

"Up!" 

I stood up grumbling, pocketing my phone. I walked over to my father and placed a hand on his shoulder and the other on his. He placed his hands where they should be before starting a count.

"one, two, three."

 He started leading. After a few moments, I caught on. We circled the room once before he called everyone else up. My father spun me into Draco's arms.

Draco smirked. "Ready, my love?"

"you can't dance."

"We'll see about that."

 Draco started leading me around the room effortlessly.  I giggled, smiling down at him as he lifted me up in the air. Soon everyone was watching as Draco added his own little twists to the dance. At the end, he spun me over and over again before wrapping an arm around my lower back and dipping me. I stared wide-eyed up at him, trying to even out my breath.

"Hows that for not being able to dance?"