The One

6am

Demi lay asleep in her fiance's arms. The couple slept peacefully until they heard their bed shake and a shout "It's Christmas!" they heard a young girl shout. The couple murmured, Demi opened her eye "baby girl it's 6am" she whispered. "But it's christmas and I want to open presents mommy! Santa's been!" she shouted "How do you know?" Nathan asked wiping his eyes "cause my stocking is full!" she said excitedly "It is?!" Nathan asked "Then what are we waiting for, cmon lets go!" he laughed "Yayyyy" Gabrielle smiled. Nathan leaned over and kissed Demi "cmon beautiful. Santa's been!" he said, smiling like a kid, before he got out of bed and ran downstairs. Demi laughed, shaking her head before she walked downstairs.

She watched as her fiance and daughter emptying their stockings together, she smiled. She walked in "So are we going to open these presents or what?!" she smiled "Yayy" Gabrielle smiled and sat on Nathan's lap. "Okay you first princess" he said, she grabbed one of the presents that had her name on it and ripped it open "A Moana doll!" she said smiling. "And she sings, Nath will put some batteries in it if you ask nicely" Demi said, with a smile. "Will you Nat. Pleaseee" she asked. He chuckled "Course I will princess" he smiled before kissing her head. The little family opened the rest of the presents together.

-

In the evening, Demi was putting on the final touches for the Christmas Party. Gabrielle came down in her princess dress, holding Nathans hand "Don't you look adorable" she smiled widely. "which one of us. Cause I am rocking this Christmas jumper" he smiled widely. Demi's heart skipped a beat, he WAS adorable one of the many reasons she fell in love with him.

When she met Nathan, she was in a bad place. She had come back to her hometown with no money, no job and the demise of her relationship with her child's father. She had caught Bomba her then fiance cheating on her. He was an MMA fighter and she was a singer in Vegas, they had been together for a few years and decided to have a child. Demi came home late and in the room next to where they're daughter slept he was having sex with a prostitute. It broke her heart, she gathered her and her daughters things and went back home.

-

Demi's memories were interrupted when she heard the doorbell rang, she shook it off and answered the door, it was her and Nathans parents. They had all been friends for years and all came together to family events. Nathan and her liked to call them the squad.

Other friends and family started to arrive, she looked over to Nathan who was laughing with her brothers Nick and Joe. They had been friends for a long time and until she knew how Nathan felt, she always thought of herself as just the annoying little sister that had a crush on her brothers friend. She had never thought the one was closer than she thought.

A few hours later
There was a gust of wind the door had been swing open as she saw her daughter run out "DADDY!" she shouted gleefully. A 5ft 11 man opened his arms as the little girl ran into them "Heyy nina" he said before  catching her and kissing her head. Demi stopped at the door, her heartbeat stopped "Demi!" he smiled and waved to her. She tried to smile a bit but felt her world collapsing around her. What the hell was he doing here?! Nathan walked over to the door, and put his arm round her waist, he kissed her cheek she saw Bombas face drop. He then got dragged up the steps by his daughter. "Momma, Daddy came!" she squealed with excitement. "He did sweetie, come in Bomba" she said. "That's Bomba?!" Nathan whispered inquisitively. She nodded as they walked in.

Bomba knelt down and gave his daughter a present, "Here sweetie merry christmas" he said and handed her the box. "Thankyou daddy. Wow an iPad!" she said as she opened it. Her smile beamed, Bomba smirked at Nathan, trying to annoy him. "Bomba can I talk to you outside" Demi said. "Sureee" he said following her out.