Escape Part One (Prologue to The One)

Demi walked into the elevator, she was so tired. She had been on stage for an hour and a half doing a show at the Plaza. She put the key in the door and turned the key to her apartment. She walked in and picked up her daughters toys that were in the doorway. She noticed that there were was two wine glasses on the table, she picked them up and noticed one had red lipstick on it. Her stomach hit the floor, had another woman been in the apartment. She tried to shrug it off thinking maybe it was the nanny or one of Bomba's friends. She put them in the dishwasher before walking to her bedroom. She was about to open the bedroom door, when she heard noises coming from the bedroom. She gently opened the door and saw the back of a girl on top of her fiancee. "WHAT THE FUCK!" she said, dropping her clutch bag. As soon as Bomba saw her he pushed the girl off him "Demi!" he said getting up. She turned her head as he walked to her trying to put his boxers back on. She collected his clothes and threw them at him "You need to go" she said "where?!" he asked "I don't know, go with that girl your fucking. I don't care. Just go." she said "I'm sorry Demi she meant nothing to me" Bomba said "Please just go Bomba, I don't want our daughter waking up and seeing her dad begging. Just go" she said folding her arms. Bomba sighed angrily and stormed out with his clothes in hand. Demi wiped her tears and decided that she'd go and sleep in the guest room as she didn't want to be in that bed. She put her pyjamas on, lay in bed and cried silently.

She lay awake, she tried to fall asleep but she couldn't. She knew this was the end of her and Bomba. She grabbed a large suitcase from the wardrobe and and went back into her room, and packed her clothes in the suitcase. She rang down to the concierge to go and get her car for her.  She wrote a note for Bomba, explaining why she had left him, that she was going to take their daughter and she will fight for custody if need be.

She walked to her daughters bedroom, she saw her sound asleep. She lifted her gently into her arms, Gabrielle woke a little "shh baby go back to sleep" Demi said as she walked out the room with her in her arms.  There was a knock on the door, it was the doorman "Miss Lovato your car is ready" he said. She nodded "Please could you take my case" Demi asked "Of course" the doorman smiled as he took the case. Demi left the key on the table and walked out with her daughter in her arms. She got to the car and put her daughter in her car seat, got in the front seat and drove off. 

A few hours later, she arrived in Los Angeles outside her parents house, she parked up and looked at the time on the dashboard it was 4am. She looked behind her and saw her daughter fast asleep. She got on her phone and rang her mom, "Hey mom. I uh left Bomba....I'm outside your house right now. I have no where else to go, okay I'll be up in a minute" she said before hanging up. She wiped the upcoming tears, got out the car and went to the back of the car she picked her daughter up and walked to the house after locking up the car. 

She saw her mum, standing there with her arms open "Hey baby girl" she said, before hugging her daughter and grand daughter. "Hey momma" she said, "Come in, go put Gabrielle into bed and I'll put the kettle on" she said. Demi nodded and walked into the house, to go and put her daughter in bed she then walked downstairs and sat opposite her mum at the breakfast bar "what's going on" Dianne asked "We had been rocky for a while, ya know arguements I had caught him flirting with girls, they're were rumours that he cheated on me when I brought Gabi over. Tonight I walked into the apartment, there were was a wine glass on the table with lipstick on it. i thought it could be one of his friends after the fight or the babysitter had, had a glass of wine or two when Gabi was in bed. I then walked over to the bedroom and I caught him with a girl on top of him" she said, wiping some tears away "Ahh babyy I'm sorry" Dianne said before hugging her. "I just thought he had changed, ma" she said "I know sweetie" Dianne said comforting her.

After chatting more with her mum, Demi walked upstairs and decided to sleep in the same room as her daughter, so she wouldn't be scared when she woke in the morning. Demi got herself comfy laying on the sofa bed and fell asleep. 

In the morning, Demi woke up to find Gabi not in her bed, for a second she panicked and then heard her daughters laughter downstairs. She walked down the staircase and saw her daughter laughing with her brothers Joe and Nick. Joe was throwing her in the air, as she giggled as Nick made faces at her. "MOMMY!" she said, as Joe put her down "hey sweetheart" she said and picked her up "Hey Demzi" Nick and Joe said as they came over to hug her "Mom told us what happened! How you holding up?!" he asked "I'm okay" she said "He was a...(Nick realised Gabrielle was in the room) not a nice man!" he said. "Good save" Joe whispered. "Anyways, we're doing our annual 4th July BBQ. So we need to go and buy groceries, you should come with. It'll take ya mind of things" he said