Chapter 14 - Southend.

A few minutes later Nick pulled into a driveway. There were steps leading up to two bungalows, they followed Nick up to the bungalow on the right.

Nick switched the lights on but closed the curtains in all the rooms and made sure every door and window was locked.

“We should be safe here for a while, the agency might check here in a few days but we should be gone by then.” Nick told them.

“What if whoever framed Florence comes after us?” Dan replied.

“There’s an armoury in the back. More than enough weaponry to get ourselves out.”

Florence smirked. Both of them looked at her and she blushed.

“Sorry, just reminds me of that job we had in Southend.” She said.

“I doubt there will be twenty of them this time.” Nick answered.

“You never know.”

“This doesn’t feel like it’s been planned thoroughly enough, it’s the works of a few not many.”

“Okay now I don’t feel like the poshest one here.” Dan interrupted.

Florence’s lips curled into a smile and Dan noticed.

“You got any food here?” Dan’s stomach growled at Nick.

“Yeah I think there’s some pizza in the freezer, meanwhile if you want to chill out there are three bedrooms to choose from.” Dan and Florence nodded and went to look.

Florence entered the warmest room and turned around to look at Dan but he was walking into the opposite bedroom.

“Daniel.” She whispered and placed her arms around his back and onto his chest.

Dan turned his head and looked at Florence. He kissed her. “I just need a little time please, my head is all messed up and I just don’t feel as if I can talk to you for now.”

Florence released her arms and nodded. “Sure.” She said and walked off to get some pizza.

They all sat and ate in their separate rooms. Nick kept an eye on things, Florence heard him get up every couple of hours. She felt sick and couldn’t sleep. At 6am she got up and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. Florence frowned.

As Nick walked in she stuck her head in the sink and threw up, she nearly fainted so Nick ran to support her.