Chapter 34 - Thanks...MUM!

Mara released herself. "He has raised you well."

"He married the enemy."

"And you still turned out alright. With a fine husband."

Florence giggled. "Nicholas is so jealous of Daniel."

Mara smiled. Florence stared at her tall mother. "That's where I get it from."

"Get what from?"

"You called dad Peter instead of Pete and Zachary instead of Zach. Did Zachary like you?" Florence enquired.

"That doesn't matter, how long has the morning sickness been going on?" She changed the subject.

"Did Nicholas tell you?"

"I've been pregnant I know, so how long?"

"Morning sickness has been going on for a few weeks, I'm two months."

"I'm sure Dan is thinking of baby names already."

Florence was silent. "Daniel doesn't know. He can't know at the moment."

"He'd worry too much, I know. I'll keep it secret."

"Nicholas is so protective at the moment, he was all 'I will protect you even if it means I have to die'." Florence put an American accent on.

"He is quite dramatic but a sweet person.”

“Yeah, I wish I had the strength and energy to slap them both hard enough. I just feel weak.”

“I’ll get you some toast and water.”

“Thanks…mum.” Florence and Mara smirked at eachother.

“I’ll be back in a moment.” Mara walked out and was met by Nick and Dan.

“You’re still alive?” Dan poked her arm.

“I explained the situation to her, she’s fine. Just a bit sick and tired, she desperately needs a hug from you though and don’t worry she’s too weak to slap you.” Mara grinned and passed through them. Dan and Nick looked at eachother weirdly.