Chapter 78 - Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover.

Nick was stood outside the car with Dan.

“They must be talking or something.” Dan muttered.

“I’ll go see what’s up.” Nick said and ran up into the living room. He bumped into Gwen, “What’s up?”

“Florence is hyperventilating, I can’t stop it. She needs you!” Nick pushed past Gwen and ran to Florence.

“Hey, hey, Florrie, look at me, look at me. Control your breathing, come on, focus on something. Focus on me, put your hand on my chest, feel my breathing.” He placed her hand on his chest. “Breathe with me, in and out, in, out. See you’re doing it.”

Florence calmed herself but started crying. Nick hugged her.

“Hey, it’s okay we all get a bit scared.” He comforted her.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered.

“Why? You don’t have to be sorry.”

“No, I’m sorry for being me.”

“What?”

“You fell for me, you have been protecting me and I just, I should’ve been with you. I would’ve saved Daniel from all of this…” He hushed her.

“You love him, once I would have loved you to say all of this to me but Florence; you have him and your babies, I’ll be okay, don’t worry about me.”

“Why couldn’t you move on?”

“Because I love you and when you are crazy about a girl you cannot just forget her, Florence I made you a part of my life and even though I cannot have you I am going to protect you with my life. And don’t worry, I have my emotions under control, otherwise I would have shot Dan by now.” This made her smile. She hugged him and kissed him on cheek. “Thank you Nicholas.”

Meanwhile Gwen and Dan were waiting at the car. “Why do I trust them alone?”

“Because you love Florence and she loves you. Sure her and Nick may have a weird thing but she wouldn’t hurt you.”

“I hope you’re right.”

“I am right, I can tell with Florence. I read people.”

“Don’t judge a book by its cover.” He stated.