Chapter 44 - MY SHOE!!!

They sat on a bench staring at the river.

“She must love him though; otherwise she would have shot him.” Florence reasoned.

“Maybe, but would you shoot a friend?” Riley responded.

“I guess not, but maybe if they threatened my child.”

“Good point, so who’s the lucky soon to be father?” Riley changed the subject.

“Have you heard of Bastille?”

“Yeah, they’re like one of the best bands ever.”

“Well the lead singer.”

“Dan Smith is your husband?” He looked amazed.

“Pretty much and I have his baby.” She pointed at her stomach.

“That is like the craziest thing I’ve ever heard, I cannot wait to meet him.”

Florence frowned a little.

“What’s up?”

“You’ll probably never meet him. What are the chances of getting out of this place?”

“Florence don’t go there, I’ve been really low but one day I just turned everything into a positive. It’s so I don’t go crazy. You have to be the optimist.”

“Daniel must affect me somehow, he’s been more optimistic lately though.” Florence tried to smile.

“You miss him?” Riley asked and she nodded. “I’m sure he misses you and the baby too.”

“Err…Daniel doesn’t know I’m pregnant. He’d go mental cause we’re in such a mess at the moment, I just don’t know what to do.”

“Sometimes what you think is right is totally wrong, he needs to know Florence and keeping it from him will only make the matter worse.”

“MY SHOE!!!” Florence exclaimed.

“Err…your shoe?”

“I slid my phone in it before Mara brought me here, I forgot about it for a moment.”

“Dan could track it right? Or you could call him?” Riley was getting excited.