Chapter 69 - Jemima!

After having a drink, Florence walked into the back garden and sat down with her head in her hands.

Nick watched her through the window.

“Go talk to her.” Dan told him.

Nick nodded and went outside immediately.

“Are you okay?”

“No Nick, I’m not. I don’t know what to do anymore. I just jumped out of a helicopter and nearly got shot and then you know who’s killed Gavin. Was it my mum?”

“I’ve been sworn to secrecy.”

“It’s not one of the band is it?”

“I cannot say. I’m sorry; they told me not to tell.”

“Thanks a lot Nick; I do know what secrecy is.” She kicked the rotting shed and her foot went right through.

“I promised I would protect you, I will take all the bullets but we have to keep going okay. We cannot stop or they will find us and kill us.”

“I know. I just wish, I wish Daniel didn’t have to go through it. Last time it affected me emotionally and I don’t think Daniel can go through all of that again.” Florence admitted.

“Dan loves you and if he gives you up just because you’re emotional then he’s an idiot but I know he won’t leave you. You are having two children and that’s what we are fighting for.” Nick encouraged her.

“Yes. Jemima and Oscar.”

“Oscar? Nick sounds way much better.” He jested and she started smiling.

They entered back into the house and sat around the table. Gwen was napping on the sofa in the next room.

“Baby names, Owen and Skylar.” Dan suggested.

“They are nice, but I was thinking Jemima and…”

“Nicholas.” Nick interrupted her.

“Okay, Jemima I’ll allow but that’s only because Miss Potter is and amazing film and I want to cry all the time.” Dan said quite poshly making Florence chuckle.